poor beachcomber support ....

hi guys,
    i seem to have a big issue within the last 48 + hrs with beachcomber support.
    there service has been great with all my other servers but this particlar server i had nothing but grief from the day i have got it and there has been hardware fail or server been compromised on this very same server.

so i think this server is either very outdated and problems have got worse and i have been unable to move everyone from the server becuase i would be aware of downtime i have not bee nable to move everyone off the server.

well now i had yet another major issue which starteed on frinday and took them over 12 hrs before they decided to tell us that they were unable to login via a remote login.

then i find out these people dont even have there own techs at the data centre but rely on NOC to fix server side issues.

so to me this is 12 hours wasted where they could of contacted noc for a reboot or even a reinstall of linux.

at current i still have no access to the server at all, and reply from tech support takes upto 2 hours to even get a responce.

i hope by posting here that someone may be able to explain becuase i just feel that i getting no where, server still has not been wipped, and i probley going to have to wait another 3 days for something that takes just over an hour todo.

i installed many servers myself in the past and still do as its part of my job as webdeveloper and web hosting, but when you lease servers from another company like this you expect the support to help when you really need it.

and now i really stuck i cant ssh to the server or even remote to the server.
    and the server has been offline solong

has anyone had issues or this related to the noc

becuase i feel like i getting no where, and the company seems noway following there terms of service in which they have set.

like there 99.9% uptime guranatee

many thanks

Steve

Hi

do you have backups of your sites? if so either

1) ask to be moved to another server
    2) look for another host
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

Hi there,

I am a client / partner of phoenix-cms and I have root access to this server and help phoenix-cms admin things here and there.

I cannot believe what has happened recently with beachcomber. Up until now their support is usually great and issues are generally solved.

However 24 hours ago the server went down along with the 200+ clients on there. It took beachcomber approx 12 hours to respond with an actual "proper" reply (other than their previous replies telling us to wait!) in which they told us that they could not remotely connect to the server and therefore could not help us via that method - Well i'm sorry but does it really take this long to establish that the server cannot be reached!? At this point you couldnt even ping the server, its pretty obvious..

Another approx 12 hours after again being told to wait while beachcomber contacted NOC, and after they charged us rediculous administration fee's, we were then told that the main harddrive was dead and could not be accessed and that the whole issue was down to their low quality hardware it seems.

We are STILL waiting with 200+ angry clients and we have now been told that probably the majority of our clients data will be lost. Great. And this server is supposed to be fully managed!?

Also, I dont understand how they can class it as "managed" when they dont appear to have one single member of their own staff at the datacenter - from what I have heard they fully rely on NOC to do the work and anything they do is basically via remote SSH.

I'd also like to point out how their own terms state that "Hardware replacement will occur within 12 hours of the reported problem" yet this is quite obviously not the case.

In my opinion, I would not recommend anyone to trust this company with their business because this is certainly not the first time this has happened and it has been very damaging to my business.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Doesn't sound too good, take it you didn't back up the server your self?
    redihot.com | low cost quality hosting
    Looking for a web hosting solution? Gain complete satisfaction today.
    With our 99.95% Uptime Guarantee, 24/7 Monitoring, Friendly Support, Cpanel/Fantastico, Domains and much more, why wait?

Is BeachComber only depending on fortressitx these days or they still have servers at other DataCenters? where is your server located?
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix-cms
    and i probley going to have to wait another 3 days for something that takes just over an hour todo.

i installed many servers myself in the past and still do as its part of my job as webdeveloper and web hosting, but when you lease servers from another company like this you expect the support to help when you really need it.
    Steve,

Installing an OS and Restoring Data are two completely different tasks. Also, to install and properly configure an OS will take much over an hour, and once you hit the data restoration process you will need at least 24 hours to verify that all the data is there and properly working. If they have a major crisis on their hands, give them a few days to work it out. You mentioned that you have responses within 2 hours...consider yourself lucky, as many hosts don't even provide responses within 2 days!

I'm neither on the hosts side or your side, I'm just using some common sense. I honestly wish you the best of luck with everything, hopefully both you and your host will work everything out!

-Radic