Thread: Forums

We want to setup a support forum on our support site, can anyone recommend a board which would be best for us to install?

Buffalo, NY
    Invision Power Board

My recommendation is to stay away from the free forums. Paid forums have many more advantages, and if you've got to use free forums, many people may question your financial situation.

I agree, if you want to look "good" use a paid forum system.

I dont mind paying for the system just wanna make sure I pay for the right one lol

vBulletin is considered the best forum, and just about everyone would get a fuzzy feeling if they see their host running it.

It is a bit expensive and does have a SHEDLOAD of features though, that you might not need.
    But whatever you do, do not use phpbb.
    Last edited by bear; 10-22-2006 at 06:18 PM.

From my experience, vBulletin is better mainly because it has many IPB mods bulit in.

Btw, I only used IPB and vB.

Uk, Norwich
    If you are looking to purchase a liecence for a forum vB is probably the easier of the two to use regarding both for the users and for the admin. Its layout and system is both easy to understand and manipulate. | low cost quality hosting
    Looking for a web hosting solution? Gain complete satisfaction today.
    With our 99.95% Uptime Guarantee, 24/7 Monitoring, Friendly Support, Cpanel/Fantastico, Domains and much more, why wait?

Thanks for the help we've purchased a VB licence