Aplus.net - Standard server - $99/mo.

Anybody have any experience with aplus.net's dedicated servers? This appears to be an incredible deal.

99.00/mo. gets you:

Setup fee $49.95
    Intel CeleronD 2.8 GHz CPU
    1 GB DDR2-533 RAM
    160 GB SATA hard drive
    1000 GB Monthly Transfer included (Non-Cogent)
    Premium Set-Up Options

Typical Applications:
    Great for individuals or small businesses.
    Powerful enough to handle your DNS, email, FTP and backup.
    Perfect for storing your online photo galleries.
    Ideal for technologists looking for a testing and staging environment.

Feature Aplus.Net Competitors
    Hardware server configuration included included
    24/7 live tech support included additional charge of up to $35 per server per mo.
    Plesk Control Panel - 30 domain license included additional charge of up to $20 per server per mo.
    100Mbit switch port no charge, if justified additional charge of up to $50 per month

there are FAR better deals to be found especially with aplus.net's support system. If you enjoy 2 day response times to tech support questions go for it.

yeah, thats not so great of a server...as avail said theres better deals from better companies out there.

OK, give me an example of a better deal. I'm listening.

If you do a search on that company here you'll what their support is like. APlus' horrible support reputation makes the deal worthless no matter what they offer.

If you try search for aplus, there more posts about how horrible they are...
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

i really surprised while i was reading reviews about aplus.net
    i have ordered that dedicated account a few months ago. i havent built a site right now so i cant review their speed or reliability etc. but while setting up the server whenever i called aplus people there helped me a lot. i just will be happy to hear cons of aplus as i am a customer of it and try to build some business on this server. thanks for your replies...

Some people get lucky with Aplus... most don't. They used to call me (I have no idea how they got my private cell #) and solicite me, incredibly annoying.
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.

so which provider do you suggest to buy affordable dedicated servers with good support and good network? i will have to live with aplus 10 more months at least as i prepaid for 12 months

Quote Originally Posted by ars_oguz
    so which provider do you suggest to buy affordable dedicated servers with good support and good network? i will have to live with aplus 10 more months at least as i prepaid for 12 months
    Ouch, that was a big mistake. Never pre-pay for 12 months until you've established a working relationship between your company and theirs.

10 months is a *long* time in this industry. Ask that question in 9 when we will be better suited to help you find a new host, assuming you want to leave by then. Good luck!
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.