Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_M
    If I remeber correctly, its against the paypal tos to pass the transaction fees to the client.
    It is against their TOS.

Merged with other identical topic.
    Carry on.

How about a mod lock this thread so both the host and the client wont get more embarrased.

I second martint's suggestion, plus there really isn't that much more to discuss, at least not publically.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_M
    If I remeber correctly, its against the paypal tos to pass the transaction fees to the client.
    Doesnt mean that someone cant charge a "tax" that is the equivalent to Paypals fees.. they just cant associate that tax as a cover of Paypals Fees..

Im still curious how he got wind of the client boasting about how "high" and "drunk" she was... lol...

If I was you, I wouldnt "Assume" that someone is going to pay, unless they say something to you.. The impression that I got from you was you though she was going through a hard time for money and you gave her credit.. Maybe, she didnt pay her bill on purpose? You should have suspended her account and made her pay her invoice up to get access to her files.. a "re-activation" fee isnt uncommon as I've seen other places charge to re-activate accounts...

I would advise the mods to edit the domain name.

Quote Originally Posted by PE-Steve

On top of the embarassment you just brought on yourself, I can't believe you actually charge $5 to re-activate a person's account. I mean, come on, is it really that hard to click a button in your control panel to re-activate them?

You must be hurting for money.

Actually, it's not uncommon to charge a reactivation fee..it's not the point of how easy it is,it's a matter of the encouraging clients not to let their accts billing slip that far.

Anyway...

OP: You wasted way way way too much energy on this..not only in your convulated billing process, but in posted it here. First of all, doing so shows that you are desperate to hang on to a single client's $3.95..lol

Next, you really should just send out a couple reminders....1 week before due, 1 day due, one 1 week after due (or adjust as needed)...and if no payment, suspended, and if no payment within another 7 days, nuke. That's my policy. I don't go begging the client to pay, nor do I play games with extra charges and special invoices, etc.

I give a 7-14 day leeway because people do go on vacation, etc..crap happens.

I don't waste time or energy over it. I also make it clear that when they are nuked...so are all backups.

Thank you Shaun! you made me realise I NEVER want to host with you. you just don't say anything like this on a public forum, especially not with the domain included. I'm not saying what the siteowner did was correct, but you shouldn't just put all this info here. This topic, your website and that silly childish banner... How old are you Shaun?

Quote Originally Posted by PE-Steve
    . . . I can't believe you actually charge $5 to re-activate a person's account. I mean, come on, is it really that hard to click a button in your control panel to re-activate them?
    Reactivation fees are more common than you might think. I know a lot of hosts who apply such a fee, when reactivating an account suspended for billing issues. It's not something I would personally implement, but it's out there.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    Reactivation fees are more common than you might think. I know a lot of hosts who apply such a fee, when reactivating an account suspended for billing issues. It's not something I would personally implement, but it's out there.
    I understand that. At the time I posted, it was more of a rant. I couldn't help commenting after I heard the $5 reactivation, $1 everytime he sends a PayPal invoice, another "transaction fee," etc.

With the "I can't believe you actually charge..." sentence, I was more along the lines of referring to that fee + all the other fees he sends to the client. It's quite rediculous.

Thanks for all the great replies! I am actually 25 years old Amy. and i own a few business', the web hosting is NOT my main source of income, and yes it does seem silly to post about a lousy $3.95, but it's NOT the money, it's the point that i'm trying to get across. Okay so it may have been a mistake in certain cases to post the domain name of the user, however You people fail to realize i know for a FACT that the whois info is NOT her real info, as i helped her create the domain account, so it is NOT against any privacy policies, I would NOT post anyone's REAL information anywhere publically, nor discuss it with ANYONE, including even my family. My main source of income as i said is NOT web hosting, and as a matter of fact i started JVS years ago to be able to give an HONEST hosting solution to my friends, and including myself who were put "through the ringer" with other hosts. My main source of income is that of a Network Security Engineer, where i am sub-contracted to do Network Security on corporate networks. I Know one of you is now going to say "gee network security, and you disclose a clients information on a public forum" Again read up just a few lines to see where i said "however You people fail to realize i know for a FACT that the whois info is NOT her real info, as i helped her create the domain account, so it is NOT against any privacy policies, I would NOT post anyone's REAL information anywhere publically, nor discuss it with ANYONE, including even my family"

In regards to the "fees" i charge to customers.. This is so they remember to be ON TIME with their payments, as someone mentioned before, this encourages on-time payments. Also it's very common for alot of companies, in diffrent fields to charge this, as im sure maybe your ISP, Cell Phone/Home phone provider, and Utility companies charge the same way, and even here in NY, they make you pay for their OVERHEAD, supplies, man-hours, ect. It's only fair after all.

However i do appreciate all the valuable posts in regards to this matter, and if this has helped anyone in any way, shape or form then that's great, mission accomplished! As for now i'm done with this silly thread, take care everyone.

-Shaun
    Last edited by JVS_Hosting; 10-22-2006 at 08:16 PM.

This is a personal matter between you and your client. There is no need to come here telling people that this person does not pay her bills and should not be trusted. That's not "saving" other people from the trouble. I find it very hard to believe that you are 25 and run many businesses. Any web host knows that clients don't pay -- it's part of the business. The only times I've posted about clients here is when A) they started the post and I defended myself; or B) They are FRAUDELENT (meaning chronic spammers, using stolen paypals/ccs, etc).
    Big things coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by JVS_Hosting
    Thanks for all the great replies! I am actually 25 years old Amy. and i own a few business', the web hosting is NOT my main source of income, and yes it does seem silly to post about a lousy $3.95, but it's NOT the money, it's the point that i'm trying to get across. Okay so it may have been a mistake in certain cases to post the domain name of the user, however You people fail to realize i know for a FACT that the whois info is NOT her real info, as i helped her create the domain account, so it is NOT against any privacy policies, I would NOT post anyone's REAL information anywhere publically, nor discuss it with ANYONE, including even my family. My main source of income as i said is NOT web hosting, and as a matter of fact i started JVS years ago to be able to give an HONEST hosting solution to my friends, and including myself who were put "through the ringer" with other hosts. My main source of income is that of a Network Security Engineer, where i am sub-contracted to do Network Security on corporate networks. I Know one of you is now going to say "gee network security, and you disclose a clients information on a public forum" Again read up just a few lines to see where i said "however You people fail to realize i know for a FACT that the whois info is NOT her real info, as i helped her create the domain account, so it is NOT against any privacy policies, I would NOT post anyone's REAL information anywhere publically, nor discuss it with ANYONE, including even my family"

However i do appreciate all the valuable posts in regards to this matter, and if this has helped anyone in any way, shape or form then that's great, mission accomplished! As for now i'm done with this silly thread, take care everyone.

-Shaun
    None the less, whether her WHOIS Information is correct or incorrect; that is still someones private information...

You dont see us going around say "Attention Webhosting CUSTOMERS; DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH JVS-Hosting.com They failed to pay their bill and refuse to pay us"

Your opening post was a bit much as other have stated.. Just take this as a lesson well learned..

* Dont post personal information
    * Dont give "credits" unless you have spoken about it with the customer
    * If someone fails to pay, simply 'suspend' the account, dont extend it another month and expect them to pay. (unless your TOS States that the customer *must* cancel their services their selves.. -- similar to Cell Phone Contracts.

My opinion is that its not very professional on the hosts behalf to disclose personal details of a customer in a public forum, for whatever the reason be...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12