Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    India
    Posts
    28

    Question beware of datapacket.net

    hi,
    this company datapacket.net really sucks, they are scam, DO NOT HOST WITH THEM.

    these as* holes terminated my reseller a/c which is unlawfull if they are selecting a single domain for any abuse issue of my client, who claims that it was their own code.

    datapacket is one BIG FRAUD, my lawyer is more than happy to look into this matter, cause this one/two man show is acting more smarter than you would imagine.

    Iam on tour and totally pissed off with their mode of operandy, they people need to learn a lesson, with all my a/c's deleted i would die but will make them pay for losses i'll be going through for deleting my normal/good a/c's.

    Hopless,
    agp

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,375
    Hi

    your not the first person to come on here complaining about datapacket.net doing a simple search on WHT forums will get you many stories.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

  3. #3
    Thanks for the tip. Appearances are surely deceiving. Their site looks very professional.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,375
    Quote Originally Posted by joeblow
    Thanks for the tip. Appearances are surely deceiving. Their site looks very professional.
    Never judge a book by its cover
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by apg4you
    these as* holes terminated my reseller a/c which is unlawfull if they are selecting a single domain for any abuse issue of my client, who claims that it was their own code.
    To be honest, it is not unlawful if it is within their Terms of Service, you agreed to them when you signed up. Nothing a host does is really unlawful as long as it is in their Terms of Service and you agree to it upon signing up.

  6. #6
    There is no reasoning with datapacket.net.... I also got burned by them with extremely long downtimes which you can not run a business on... Since I already pre-paid for my account I am stuck with them and just put demo sites on there as I would never trust to put a production site on one of their servers... and good thing as they have been down for over 24 hours now and not a word from anyone over there... even their own site is down...

    I am shocked that they are still in business and all resellers should stay clear of hosting client sites using datapacket.net due to the absurd practices over there at datapacket.net

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Swellyville
    Posts
    2,340
    So what your saying is they deleted the whole reseller account for one abuse complaint on a single domain?
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,375
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

  9. #9
    why is it evertime there is a big server outage with datapacket they launch a new design of their website? if there servers are down you would think they would be spending all their time working on getting the clients sites back up and not redesigning their own site... so far the sites I have hosted with them have been down for the last 38+ hours and no word on when the server is going to be fixed...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberHostPro
    Seems datapacket have a new website! but it says



    They must not have Raid 1
    And how would RAID1 help with a situation of which none of us besides Datapacket and their clients know about? It could have been a hack, bad memory, etc..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,375
    memory takes seconds to replace not days!
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,375
    Quote Originally Posted by aahosting
    why is it evertime there is a big server outage with datapacket they launch a new design of their website? if there servers are down you would think they would be spending all their time working on getting the clients sites back up and not redesigning their own site... so far the sites I have hosted with them have been down for the last 38+ hours and no word on when the server is going to be fixed...
    Agreed, tbh you only have to search the forums on datapacket to read some of their stories about them, sounds like its run by skoolies! lol
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

  13. #13

    Run fast run far, very far...

    This has probably the worst experience I have had dealing with any company internet or brick and mortar.

    Since opening my reseller account in May of 2006, sites have been down and or unreachable several times each day for intervals of 10min to well over an hour. This is not a problem with my ISP as they are one of the top rated in their industry and I have never had any problems.

    Other Problems include:

    Many attempts to speak with a representative have been ignored.

    Services tickets are not resolved completely and in a timely fashion. Much of the problem here may be the service personnel not reading the ticket completely and/or failing to understand the problem and just providing a canned answer.

    Loss of site/data This has happened on several occasions.

    To further compound my frustrations after opening a service ticket to get the MS SQL .bak files moved to space on the web site so they could be downloaded, I was ignored. This incident happened when I was in the process of moving customers to a reseller account with a new hosting company.

    Simply put the service is not fit for resale and should not be marketed as such. Had I had any customers signed up other than good friends of mine I would be refunding their money.

    This company has a no refund policy however, I think they should make an exception since the made me look like a fool or at least let people know that they should beware.


    There is nothing I can say about Datapacket that is positive, especially if you intend to start providing hosting for your customers. The only thing reselling their services will get you is a headache.

    Avoid this company like the plague.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by jhw2
    This has probably the worst experience I have had dealing with any company internet or brick and mortar.

    Since opening my reseller account in May of 2006, sites have been down and or unreachable several times each day for intervals of 10min to well over an hour. This is not a problem with my ISP as they are one of the top rated in their industry and I have never had any problems.

    Other Problems include:

    Many attempts to speak with a representative have been ignored.

    Services tickets are not resolved completely and in a timely fashion. Much of the problem here may be the service personnel not reading the ticket completely and/or failing to understand the problem and just providing a canned answer.

    Loss of site/data This has happened on several occasions.

    To further compound my frustrations after opening a service ticket to get the MS SQL .bak files moved to space on the web site so they could be downloaded, I was ignored. This incident happened when I was in the process of moving customers to a reseller account with a new hosting company.

    Simply put the service is not fit for resale and should not be marketed as such. Had I had any customers signed up other than good friends of mine I would be refunding their money.

    This company has a no refund policy however, I think they should make an exception since the made me look like a fool or at least let people know that they should beware.


    There is nothing I can say about Datapacket that is positive, especially if you intend to start providing hosting for your customers. The only thing reselling their services will get you is a headache.

    Avoid this company like the plague.
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience, your review will help save the time and money of someone else

    You should report your post and provide a domain that you hosted with them to validate your review. Better luck next time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •