!!MYSQL Problems & PHPMyadmin!!

Hi guys

This isnt a problem with the previous VPS with apache problems this is with a dedicated i have

Basically i get this when i try to get into phpmyadmin through cPanel:

Warning: session_write_close(): open(/tmp/sess_b0d1d437b3642a3eea91e5d99a21e47e, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 44

Warning: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 44

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php:44) in /usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/index.php on line 101

Any ideas?

Ok my provider has sorted that out but now we have this and have done since the dedi was setup after a reload. instead of showing the individual users databases it shows this in the left:

information_schema (16)
    • CHARACTER_SETS
    • COLLATIONS
    • COLLATION_CHARACTER_SET_APPLICABILITY
    • COLUMNS
    • COLUMN_PRIVILEGES
    • KEY_COLUMN_USAGE
    • ROUTINES
    • SCHEMATA
    • SCHEMA_PRIVILEGES
    • STATISTICS
    • TABLES
    • TABLE_CONSTRAINTS
    • TABLE_PRIVILEGES
    • TRIGGERS
    • USER_PRIVILEGES
    • VIEWS
    This shows in ever users phpmyadmin instead of there own databases.

Any help much appreciated

Looks like your provider screwed up a reinstall of phpMyAdmin.

As to your original problem, it would have been solved by doing a Cpanel update.

For your current problem, I would suggest you run EasyApache to get things straightened out.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob
    Looks like your provider screwed up a reinstall of phpMyAdmin.
    PHPMyAdmin actually looks like it's working fine.

Click on the SQL icon to run an SQL query against the server, and issue the command: "FLUSH PRIVILEGES;"

While the wording of that command makes it seem like it should do something horrible, it just reloads the privilege table which will likely solve your problem.
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

Nope back to my second problem again

Quote Originally Posted by XHIServices
    Nope back to my second problem again
    Are you logged into MySQL with an account that has privileges to see all the DBs?
    Eric Spaeth
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."

No there privileges are to see there own DB's only

The schema implementation you see is new as of MySQL5. Did you import your databases from a MySQL3 or MySQL4 installation? If so, did you run mysql_fix_privilege_tables?
    Eric Spaeth

I ran that in phpmyadmin and it gives: #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'mysql_fix_privilege_tables' at line 1

The original version was 4.1.21 and is now MYSQL 5

Sorry, should have stated that is a shell script, not a MySQL command. I think by default it gets installed in /usr/bin, so to run it from a shell you would just issue "/usr/bin/mysql_fix_privilege_tables"

If it's not there, you can find it using:

find / -name mysql_fix_privilege_tables
    Eric Spaeth