Migration from Cpanel 10 to Plesk 8

Hello,
    Iam new to migration issue. I dont know where to start. Ia want to migrate my accounts from old server with cpanel 10 to new server with plesk 8. For start where can i find migration manager?...

Do you have admin access to both servers?
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Yes both are dedicated servers with full access. Actually iam still wainting for new one with Plesk it should be set up in 24 h
    Last edited by jackaldu; 10-21-2006 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackaldu
    Yes both are dedicated servers with full access. Actually iam still wainting for new one with Plesk it should be set up in 24 h
    The Plesk Migration Manager is found in the admin Plesk control panel.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Ok thanks just as I thought . I will try to migrate as soon as i get new server i hope there wont be any problems. Should i know something about migration proces?

Ok thanks just as I thought . I will try to migrate as soon as i get new server i hope there wont be any problems. Should i know something about migration proces?
    Not particularly - just that you may need to manually edit some files due to a differing file structure.

Ok. I am stuck at the beginning . When I try to migrate I receive this error:
    Cannot send scout to the remote host

Unable to connect to host …………: Connection refused

jackaldu have you look at cpanel forum? There are few tip and help full info. http://forums.cpanel.net/
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I didn’t helped there is nothing concerning Migration. Someone knows what should I do?

Based on your replies you're going to need to bring someone in that's more familiar with this type of thing. You can't just grab sites from one and be perfect on the other. without having the ability to to a fair amount of troubleshooting you're going to have all sorts of issues.

The Plesk migrator is good, but there are things different between cPanel and plesk which become an issue. For instance Plesk requires a different admin for every single database, including those within one client's account. so if you're trying to move a site with two databases and one username, your second database isn't going to have a user associated with it. (i don't know if cpanel does multiple db's with one username)

Point being it wouldn't be terribly expensive (i'm guessing) to hire somone to help you.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Ok. I am stuck at the beginning . When I try to migrate I receive this error:
    Cannot send scout to the remote host

Unable to connect to host …………: Connection refused
    That's usually a case of closed ports or incorrect IP's. The best thing to do is contact your dedicated server provider or SW-Soft: http://www.swsoft.com

The Plesk manuals are also very well put together.

Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network.

Ok. I think I know what is wrong Long time ago I changed default ssh port to something and i don’t remember what is there any way I could find what my ssh port is?

Thanks e-places so it is good thing that I created separate user for every database. I think I will do it myself with lots of Your help ;-)

I got this error duting migration:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/supervisor/processor.py", line 84, in getStatus
    return (None, self.realGetStatus())
    File "/usr/local/psa/admin/share/supervisor/processor.py", line 251, in realGetStatus
    scout_result.build(minidom.parse(self.session.sessionDirectory
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/_xmlplus/dom/minidom.py", line 1908, in parse
    return expatbuilder.parse(file)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/_xmlplus/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 924, in parse
    result = builder.parseFile(fp)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/_xmlplus/dom/expatbuilder.py", line 207, in parseFile
    parser.Parse(buffer, 0)
    ExpatError: syntax error: line 1, column 0

Any idea?

How can i copy files form old server to new one?