Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Vietnam and Japan
    Posts
    346

    Red face Site on Powervps down 3 times within a week.

    Hello,

    I decided to go with powervps when I read a lot of good reviews about them. I have been with them about 2 months and for the first month, I was really pleased with them. During this time, my site wasn't down, even 1 time. And seemingly, I had been convinced to stay with them longer.

    But my site gets problem since 2nd month. it was down 3 times within 1 week (13, 16, 21/10/2006), longest was about 2 hours and shortest was about 15 minutes. And they just worked on it after I sent them email to ask their help. But you know, I can not online 24 hours/day to check my site and send them email each time it is down.

    Each time my site was back (after reboot server), many my members (who live in Vietnam) complained that sometimes they could not creat a thread and it took a long time to load, but for me, it was loading fine. I had to send them tracert's result from my members to ask them fix. Finally, the problem was resolved, but I really dont like this.

    I know there are some powervps's staffs around here and wonder how they can explain about my case. And do you think is it normal?


    Sorry about my English

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by manindarkjp
    Hello,

    I decided to go with powervps when I read a lot of good reviews about them. I have been with them about 2 months and for the first month, I was really pleased with them. During this time, my site wasn't down, even 1 time. And seemingly, I had been convinced to stay with them longer.

    But my site gets problem since 2nd month. it was down 3 times within 1 week (13, 16, 21/10/2006), longest was about 2 hours and shortest was about 15 minutes. And they just worked on it after I sent them email to ask their help. But you know, I can not online 24 hours/day to check my site and send them email each time it is down.

    Each time my site was back (after reboot server), many my members (who live in Vietnam) complained that sometimes they could not creat a thread and it took a long time to load, but for me, it was loading fine. I had to send them tracert's result from my members to ask them fix. Finally, the problem was resolved, but I really dont like this.

    I know there are some powervps's staffs around here and wonder how they can explain about my case. And do you think is it normal?


    Sorry about my English
    Love to help and see where the problem is, but you've given me/us nothing to help you with.

    Open a ticket, refer to this thread, and I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this 'issue'.

  3. Hi there,

    This is not something that is normal. Absolutely not. If you're having problems, please submit a ticket. As noted many times as well, you're absolutely more than welcome to contact our management staff. Each of our techs include that address in their signature on the bottom of every ticket.

    We do not provide support via WebHostingTalk. That's not the intention of this board. If you don't feel the tech that responded to the ticket handled it correctly or you are not satisfied with the outcome, please contact our management address listed in the ticket.
    Rob Yates
    Sales Engineer
    PowerVPS / Virtacore
    Virtacore Systems, Inc.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Vietnam and Japan
    Posts
    346
    I opened a ticket and the problem has been resolved sereral minutes ago. But I wonder, why my server was down many times?

    As I mentioned before, I canot online 24 hours/day to check my site and I am not sure there is no down any more in the "near" future (I hope not).

    I know your service through WHT and I just want to share my exprience with WHT members about any service I am using.

    Is there only me on this server?

  5. Hi there,

    Have you contacted our management team? You still have not given any kind of ticket ID, etc.

    Again, we do not provide support on WHT. We're happy to help, and we'll do everything in our power to do so. However bringing support issues here will not help resolve your issues.
    Rob Yates
    Sales Engineer
    PowerVPS / Virtacore
    Virtacore Systems, Inc.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Vietnam and Japan
    Posts
    346
    This is my ticket: [PVPS Support #KMS-19528-459]. But they closed without answering my question.

    This is my question that I asked them:

    Hello,

    This is 3rd time within a week my site was down. I wonder, is your service good enough to pay so much money for? What is the problem with my server?

  7. Hi there,

    For these kinds of issues, again PLEASE CONTACT OUR MANAGEMENT TEAM.

    At the bottom of every ticket is that address.... to make it easy for you, I'll paste it here on the forums.

    contact.management *AT* powervps.com

    Change the *AT* to the appropriate at symbol. And the tech did reply to the ticket. They did not just close it out. If you do not like the answer they provided, please again contact us.

    We're more than happy to do whatever we can to help. But again, WHT is NOT support.

    Have a great day!
    Rob Yates
    Sales Engineer
    PowerVPS / Virtacore
    Virtacore Systems, Inc.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Vietnam and Japan
    Posts
    346
    I sent them an email and waiting for their reply. I will be back to update and write a review after 3 months about your service.

  9. #9

    We would like the question answered

    A lot of us troll here looking for new VPS hosts including me. How you answer the question here certainly influences our buying decision.

    At the moment you non answer has influenced me. I am looking at signing up a new VPS today.

    Lyn


    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Hi there,

    For these kinds of issues, again PLEASE CONTACT OUR MANAGEMENT TEAM.

    At the bottom of every ticket is that address.... to make it easy for you, I'll paste it here on the forums.

    contact.management *AT* powervps.com

    Change the *AT* to the appropriate at symbol. And the tech did reply to the ticket. They did not just close it out. If you do not like the answer they provided, please again contact us.

    We're more than happy to do whatever we can to help. But again, WHT is NOT support.

    Have a great day!

  10. #10
    At the moment you non answer has influenced me
    What exactly about the phrase "WHT is not Power VPS's support forum" do you not understand?

    I see too many trolls on here with issues that belong in customer-host communications, not on a public forum.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Merville BC
    Posts
    608
    I *think lynette11 is referring to the condescending answer manindarkjp was given here.

    At the bottom of every ticket is that address.... to make it easy for you, I'll paste it here on the forums.

    contact.management *AT* powervps.com

    Change the *AT* to the appropriate at symbol.
    If someone that I paid for services spoke to me that way I would snap.

    Agreed WHT is NOT a public forum, but professionalism is missing from that response.
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population

  12. #12

    I agree

    Quote Originally Posted by kelownatech
    I *think lynette11 is referring to the condescending answer manindarkjp was given here.



    If someone that I paid for services spoke to me that way I would snap.

    Agreed WHT is NOT a public forum, but professionalism is missing from that response.

    It was easy to give a wide berth to this host. Attitude towards the customer is so important.

    Lyn

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by lynette11
    It was easy to give a wide berth to this host. Attitude towards the customer is so important.

    Lyn
    Actually I thought it was fine to do, he didn't seem to even realize that WHT isn't their support forum after two posts of rob saying it so by pointing out where to find support and even saying it here to save him time of going to look it up, he now knows where to contact for support instead of continuing his replies on a non-support forum here.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    42
    manindarkjp, I've replied to your email to our management team. I need you to open that ticket as I asked you to do, or we won't be able to help. I still believe you are exceeding your resource limits, but I won't be able to tell until you open a ticket with us.

    Please, open it attention to David Pape if you have to, but open the ticket. I will deal with it personally when you open it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Vietnam and Japan
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidP
    manindarkjp, I've replied to your email to our management team. I need you to open that ticket as I asked you to do, or we won't be able to help. I still believe you are exceeding your resource limits, but I won't be able to tell until you open a ticket with us.

    Please, open it attention to David Pape if you have to, but open the ticket. I will deal with it personally when you open it.
    Hello David,

    What do you mean I am exceeding my resource limits? my site, there are about 30 members+guess and among them, not so many members active and I just run only 1 site with you. Can you tell me, by what way I am exceeding my resource limits?

    This is the annoucement in your forum:

    On 13/10:

    vz12 has been rebooted due to kernel level issues. It came back up without an fsck and VEs are currently starting.
    On 16/10/2006:

    vz12 has become unaccessible at approximately 10:45PM EST. We are rebooting it at this time.
    And on 21/10/2006:

    At approximately 2.35PM EST, vz12 hardware node became inaccessible. Our engineers are currently working on diagnosing the problem. At this time, we do not know the cause of the outage or an ETA for the issue to be resolved
    So you mean, hardware node became inaccessible and due to kernel level issues = exceeding resource limits?

    @By the way, I got your email 4 hours ago and thank you for migrating my site to another node.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    42
    Actually, I just responded to the ticket, and yes, the problem was with the node. We believe it is fixed at this time, but you have been moved as per your request.

    There were some options in the kernel that we have now disabled that we believe were responsible for the lockups.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    84
    The reason people do that is it seems to bring out in the open you get an actual response. Unless your complaining about site5 that is

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    42
    Actually we've given several actual responses to all of this customer's issues. People post on WHT to try to get a response they like more than the ones they've been given.

    While trying to damage the reputation of the company that hosts you usually isn't a great way to build good-will with that company, PowerVPS doesn't mind. If our customers feel that they need to go to WHT to force us to respond more appropriately to an issue, we don't hold that against them.

    Most customers choose to email me directly and notify me if there is a problem with a response they've received, but some people are angry and want to lash out. That's what WHT is for, and I apologize to all of our customers who may have been driven to post on WHT because our support was not satisfactory in concern to their issue, including this customer.

    I am sorry if we messed up or dropped the ball somewhere.

  19. #19
    I'll chime in here.

    I run sevenstring.org on PowerVPS, and they've been hands-down the best host I've ever had. I do about 10 million hits a month and average 200 users online. Their tech support has always been top-notch.

    I don't mean to criticize anyone, but in seeing this thread, I just don't see how the OP can say that the support from them was bad, when every single ticket I've opened in the last year with PowerVPS has been replied to quickly and accurately by a tech that seemed genuinely interested in making sure my customer service was spot-on.

    People need to remember that the tech is only as good as the ticket opened. When I see posts like this:

    At the moment you non answer has influenced me. I am looking at signing up a new VPS today.
    I can't help but chime in and second their stance that they don't want to use WHT as a forum for their in-house support tickets.

    Anyhow, that's my .2c. I normally wouldn't post something like this, but I've had too many bad hosting experiences to not toss my hat in the ring where a host and support team that's taken great care of me is concerned.

    - Chris

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •