Host for a Pound (H4ap) Host4apound.co.uk

I do not know, if anyone has noticed but, host4apound.co.uk / h4ap.com is no longer actively taking orders. The HTTP site is still running, all be it with php errors and broken links.

The HTTPS site is no longer active it has been broken for around the past 3 months. The website's help forum (complete-support.net) is still functioning but due to the fact that the owners of the service are no longer availabe you will not get a response.

As far as the Control Panel web hosting service is going, it still works, even if your hosting package has expired, but due to the configuration on the name servers, you will not be able to use the primary domain that you set up to use with your hosting, you will require to use addon and parked domains.

A word of warning, do not try and renew your service with them, even if you are sent a payment link, your site will not be renewed and you will lose money through paypal/ no chex.

Can I suggest that if you have any trouble (with a domain you have purchased from them NOT A HOSTING PACKAGE) you contact the domain registration underwriters (PublicDomainRegistry.com).

The owner of the domain name (Stuart Raynor) and a colleague (John (dont know his surname) are responsible for the mess that the site is in.

I was wondering if anyone has anymore information on this? If so add a thread.
      0 Not allowed!

Did they just abandon the site altogether? If so, what shame...I would get your sites off asap, because as soon as its time to pay for their servers they'll probably not pay, and get them shut down.
      0 Not allowed!

hi, yes they did just abandon their customers, i have taken a backup using cpanel's tools and have downloaded it to a disk for when this event occurs.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by h4ap talk
    hi, yes they did just abandon their customers, i have taken a backup using cpanel's tools and have downloaded it to a disk for when this event occurs.
    .... at least you have a backup; I'm sure thats more than some other customers have who are unaware of their predicament.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!
      0 Not allowed!

Better luck with the new provider. let us know whom you choose and your experience.
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows
      0 Not allowed!