Customer Security Responsibilities
The customer is solely responsible for any breaches of security affecting servers under customer control. If a customer's server is involved in an attack on another server or system, it will be shut down and an immediate investigation will be launched to determine the cause/source of the attack. In such event, the customer is solely responsible for the cost to rectify any damage done to the customer's server and any other requirement affected by the security breach. The labor used to rectify any such damage is categorized as emergency security breach recovery and is currently charged at $195 USD per hour. Inquiries regarding security matters may be directed to [email protected]
System and Network Security Violations of system or network security are prohibited, and may result in criminal and civil liability. Layered Technologies may investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve and will cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks.
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e-mail or a newsgroup posting. H
- High-risk services, which are services which tend to attract denial of service attacks, are strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, IRC related services and selling of shell accounts.
Violators of the policy are responsible, without limitations, for the cost of labor to clean up and correct any damage done to the operation of the network and business operations supported by the network, and to respond to complaints incurred by Layered Technologies. Such labor is categorized as emergency security breach recovery and is currently charged at $195 USD per hour required. Inquiries regarding security matters may be directed to [email protected]
. Layered Technologies is concerned with the privacy of online communications and web sites. In general, the Internet is neither more nor less secure than other means of communication, including mail, facsimile, and voice telephone service, all of which can be intercepted and otherwise compromised. As a matter of prudence, however, Layered Technologies urges its customers to assume that all of their online communications are insecure. Layered Technologies cannot take responsibility for the security of information transmitted over Layered Technologies facilities.