200 mbit unmetered?

I'm having trouble finding a host with dedicated servers > 100 mbit, which we need for serving static files. The only ones I could find were the "gigabit" servers at FDCservers, but those actually come out to about 115 mbit once I read the TOS.

Thanks -

I think that most 'dedicated unmetered' companies should have absolutely no problem at all meeting this requirement, though I don't see it commonly advertised either. Why that is is beyond me.
    Corey Northcutt | Northcutt
    Competitive inbound marketing with a hosting industry competency.
    Social | Content | Optimization | Outreach

Quote Originally Posted by qwidjib0
    I think that most 'dedicated unmetered' companies should have absolutely no problem at all meeting this requirement, though I don't see it commonly advertised either. Why that is is beyond me.
    Generally anything > 100mbps requires you to contact the host directly as it isn't something really advertised since the market for it isn't that big (atleast around here).

Find a host you like, contact them, ask about it

Surely you need to apply to the host and find out everything you need from them.

Knowing your budget and expected performance requirements would help.
    Which is more important... Paying $10-15/mbps and possibly going down for a few minutes at random intervals occasionaly, or paying $20-40/mbps and having a greater reliability?

http://www.egihosting.com/dedicatedservers.aspx
    has some plans that could fit your needs.

Hmm.. If you need 200mbit for 1 server, it seems like your website is pretty popular or your service is used a lot. As such, I would recommend that you look into possibly creating a cluster of servers that will all share the 200mbit to mimize downtime in case of a server crashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trommsdorff
    I'm having trouble finding a host with dedicated servers > 100 mbit, which we need for serving static files. The only ones I could find were the "gigabit" servers at FDCservers, but those actually come out to about 115 mbit once I read the TOS.

Thanks -

you might want to email companies that offer unmetered connectivity and see if they can offer custom deal for you
    Petr Kral - FDCServers.net LLC
    Los Angeles - Seattle - Denver - Chicago - Miami- New York - Paris - London - Madrid - Amsterdam - Frankfurt - Vienna - DATACENTERS
    10+Tbps of internet connectivity --- 10G, 20G, 40Gbps unmetered services in 17 US & EU locations

I would recommend running a cluster of smaller servers. That way, it's easier to scale up (or down).

I thought it was only upto 100mbit?

Thanks -
    You should contact FDCServers directly, we push ~30MB/s on their network and it's a solid deal.

I would be the last person to say this, but FDC handled everything very professionally in recent transactions we had with them.
    All My Data From small shared web hosting accounts to powerful dedicated servers.
    Now offering Affordable UNIX shells and IRCd hosting!

Thanks -
    As mentioned, FDC does 1Gbit unmetered for a very nice price. Send an email to [email protected] and they may set you up with a test server for a day or so to see how it really performs :-) I know at one time they did this without any issue.

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Quote Originally Posted by qwidjib0

The WHT crowd seems to gravitate towards 'what is the absolute cheapest', rather than 'what will still be running in 5 years'. When you can get unlimited for 1.99, why pay $2000?
    SDCServers.com
    100mbps+ Bandwidth Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by SDC-Eric
    The WHT crowd seems to gravitate towards 'what is the absolute cheapest', rather than 'what will still be running in 5 years'. When you can get unlimited for 1.99, why pay $2000?
    touchet sir, touchet.
    Corey Northcutt | Northcutt
    Competitive inbound marketing with a hosting industry competency.
    Social | Content | Optimization | Outreach