* Transferring Domains

Ive got a quick question about transferring domains, some places say that they will do free domain transfers, does that mean, if I have a domain from one company for 5 years and decide that I want to transfer after 2, that the new company which offers free domain transfers will host my domain for the three years that I already paid for before beginning to charge?

I ask because I have 5 domains from one company and id like to transfer them to another, but ive already paid for 5 years each on all of them.
    Yogurt in the right ammount can make all of your fantasies come true. -Yopla'

The 'free' transfer isn't actually free - the gaining registrar will charge you for 1 year, adding it to the expiration date.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Usually when webhosts say 'free domain' or 'free domain transfer' they really do mean that but there's a catch in that you need to sign up at least a year's of webhosting with them.

If you do a 'free domain transfer', you'll get 1 free year added to your 5 years, making 6 years.
    OCEAN HOST
    www.ocean-host.com
    Get Online. Reach Worldwide.
    Check our uptime

I would advise you to separate your hosting from your domain registration and not to be suckered in by lures of free domain registration/transfers offered by some unscrupulous hosting companies.
    Signature Under Construction.

whats a good place to have all of my domains?
    Yogurt in the right ammount can make all of your fantasies come true. -Yopla'

Quote Originally Posted by Yogurt
    whats a good place to have all of my domains?
    Can you please tell us what you're looking in the registrar, then perhaps we'll give you some recommendations.

Thank you.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

It depends what you are looking for. I would go with a larger company that is icann accredited (not a reseller)