Thumbs up [Review] Colo4Jax

Domain Hosted: http://www.stuffspace.com
    Customer since: January 2006
    Machine: Dual core P4 2.8 GHz, 1 gig ram, 2x200 gb hard drives in raid 1
    Bandwidth: 10mbps unmetered

I just want to begin by quickly thanking everyone in the WHT community. I've been lurking on WHT on and off for a few years and think it's a tremendous resource--all of your posts and reviews help out people like me who aren't necessarily in the web hosting business, but need to find reliable hosting companies nonetheless. Anyways, on to the review!

I began checking out the dedicated specials forum and was about to go with HiVelocity until I saw one of Ray's (from Colo4Jax) posts. His prices looked good, and doing a quick search yielded pretty much only positive things about them. After a brief exchange of emails I decided to give Ray a shot.

Setup-
    I had requested a custom configuration and as such Ray had to get the parts to assemble the server so that took a couple days. There was a glitch however, as his supplier sent him an incompatible motherboard, but in order to get the server built by the date he promised me Ray bought a motherboard from a local place at a higher price than he would have got from his normal supplier. A+ for effort there, which leads to...

Service-
    If there is any reason to go with a hosting company other than the actual performance of the server/network, service is it, and Ray at Colo4Jax delivers in spades. Every question I had was answered promptly, professionally, and honestly. My business partner and developer also had a bunch of more technical questions that Ray gladly answered (which honestly, he really did not have to, but he did anyway). I seriously cannot say enough good things about Ray's service and support as it is truly in a class of its own.

Performance-
    I'll admit I'm not an expert at determining how well a server is performing other than 'does it load quickly when I visit the site?' but every time I go to load the site it loads pretty much instantaneously. One caveat--the site listed above hasn't exactly 'launched' yet, so I'm not entirely sure how it would handle a severe rush of traffic, but so far it's been great. Feel free to poke around, sign up if you like (it's free), and post in this thread about the performance you see on the site--your opinions are probably more valid than mine in terms of performance. I'd also be very interested in any feedback about the site itself, but I'm not sure how much the moderators would appreciate that being in here vs the 'site reviews' forum, but unfortunately I don't have enough posts under my belt to post there yet (if the moderators would like to help branch off a site-critique thread to the appropriate section that would be much appreciated--otherwise I'll just wait a few more posts before starting a thread there!).

Conclusion-
    Absolutely amazing. That pretty much sums up my experience with Colo4Jax. Anyone looking at getting dedicated hosting seriously should look into them as they truly do provide a great service with world-class service. I know this is starting to almost sound like a commercial for them, but I am just an extremely satisfied customer and after 9 months can say I don't regret choosing Colo4Jax for one second and would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Great review. The site loads up pretty much instantly here as well.

Thanks a bunch for that most excellent and thorough review

Now selling BigVPS's!
    Jacksonville Colocation and dedicated servers by colo4jax
    We are *not* a reseller. We own our servers, switches, routers and racks.

It's really a good review. Thanks.

Good review, you've got your domain info in there, else someone would be doubting the credibility to the review

Finally! Someone posts a good review, sets it out well, and it's written in English!

Purely Amazing.

I think you should put a link to the host though, is it: colo4jax.com?

Quote Originally Posted by joshcrick
    I think you should put a link to the host though, is it: colo4jax.com?
    He is indeed referring to http://www.colo4jax.com

Now selling BigVPS's!

Thanks for all the positive comments about my review! Yes it is http://www.colo4jax.com that I'm reviewing. If you guys have any other questions I'd be more than happy to answer them!

I will second this review, colo4jax are great. You get exactly what was promised.

-Scott
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: sales@admingeekz.com

colo4jax just needs a higher end solution to compete as well with APC reboots if they don't offer it.

P.S: I am not a customer, just saying what I noticed on that website, only two server options, no opteron or xeons.
    ^_^

Just to correct something you said, we have a wide variety of Xeons (Dempsey, Woodcrest, etc.) as well as reboot ports (albeit not APCs). As you indicated, they are in fact not listed on the website.

Now selling BigVPS's!

Quote Originally Posted by tical
    Just to correct something you said, we have a wide variety of Xeons (Dempsey, Woodcrest, etc.) as well as reboot ports (albeit not APCs). As you indicated, they are in fact not listed on the website.
    I requested a reboot port from Ray a few weeks ago. Within a few hours he had my server setup on the reboot port. Ive tested it a few times when my server locked up and it worked instantly and saved me from more than a few minutes of downtime.

Ive been with colo4jax since Feb 2006, and everything has been smooth and professional.