VPS, Managed Or Reseller?

Hi

I want to start my own web hosting company and have enought technical knowledge of stuff,
    have budget to pay 40$ monthly at most. what I want to know is about the risk of it.

Which one do you recommend me to start with? Managed, VPS or reseller?

is it better to choose a reseller at first and then continue to VPS or managed or get VPS from the first. How much risk would it have?

Sincerely
    Michael Lopez

Lightbulb

I would go for a VPS, because you can afford it with your budget, and also because it gives you a lot of knowledge that you do not have with reseller accounts. And when you get to dedicated, its 99% similar like a VPS.

Id go with a reseller since its easy to use, and you can find a good one for $35 with userend support and free billing software

If you ever plan to upgrade to dedicated, or think you may need it in the future; as recommended before I would go with the VPS.

Start with a reseller first. However, if you are technically ready, VPS will be a good one for you to further expand your skill. Then slowly progress to dedicated server when you feel confident enough to run the whole thing on your own. Of course, you can get managed service like PSM. However, as a webhost, it is better to know the minimum technical stuffs for your own good.
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

Definitely start with a reseller account. Then when you get large enough get a managed dedicated server.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

For a VPS you would most likely need some kind of managed service (or outsourced management), which might set you off your budget, unless you have the skills and resources to do this yourself. Because of this, it would be a wise desision to start off with a reseller account, keeping your budget in mind, and grow from there! Good luck
    Othio Hosting - Private-Label cPanel Reseller Hosting
    True 24x7 Support | SSD Storage | cPanel+WHM | R1Soft Backups

I'd recommend you to begin from the reseller account. And then having quite enough knowledge in it you may go to the VPS. I think it'll be easier for you run your own hosting business.

I reconmend gonig with a Reseller from lucidnet.com They are the best - there my host at the moment never gone down very pro

Thanks for your suggestions

And would you tell me Books that can help me to grow my knowledge for supporting my clients. and a good reseller account to go with (to be able to upgrade to VPS and Dedicated)? is Powervps a good choice or you would recommend other one?

Sincerely
    Michael Lopez

I would probably start with a reseller and then upgrade when needed, you don't want to be wasting unneccessary money on resources not used.