Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nocebo
    anyone is better than bush at this point :X
    Yeah, I think if a chimp from jungle got elected, he'd be better than Bush. At least a chimp wouldn't declare stupid wars and spread violence.

Onto the topic, I don't think that would work really. I personally think democrats should choose Howard Dean to run for president or vice president, and he should have ran instead of Kerry too.

lack of ethics and integrity (most especially in regards to your family) indicates a problem. if the guys own wife cant trust him, why should we?

if he is going to lie to his wife and lie to the public (then later admitted to all his affairs) then i fail to see how that makes him a good president.

the president is supposed to be a role model.

Quote Originally Posted by cd-mchase
    Nope. I could care less if a guy cheats on his wife, paid someone to write a book about himself, or tried to hide a disease. If he does his presidential duties well, he's a good president.
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

I don't see how someone can prefer Bush over Clinton. I mean Bush basically started an illegal war based on lies, which lead to about 50,000 innocent civilians dying, and Clinton having sex with a woman is a big deal? Yeah people, that makes sense.

If a president is supposed to be a role model, then is it good for Bush to teach people that spreading violence and starting wars is a good idea? I personally think starting wars is a much worse thing than cheating on your wife. They both were pretty bad, but Bush so far has the edge in being one of the worst presidents.

His family life is none of my concern. My last name isn't Kennedy (altho it very well could be with the way that family populates New England ;X) nor is it Clinton. If both of those affairs were left undiscovered, would they have harmed the country? No. Would they have harmed their marriages? Sure, probably. Am I married to Kennedy or Clinton? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Stephens
    the president is supposed to be a role model.
    Says who?!
    Michael Chase
    Clear-Data Internet Services - Inexpensive website, reseller, and game server hosting.

IMO, Clinton was the best president during my lifetime, and one of the best in history. I think all the people who have problems with his sexual desires need to get real. Its none of our business. Just like its none of our business what celeberty is sleeping with what celeberty.

The always reason Monica was brought up is because the repubicans wanted a missle to fire at him, just like they wanted to fire missles at iraq.

I also think Hilary would be a good president, and also prove the whole equal rights for women thing.

And finally, Clinton has balls, if you dont agree just watch his interview he had with Fox(a vary biased news channel btw).

Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster
    Can that really happen? If his wife died, he would be president again.
    Wrong, if the President dies, the vice president becomes president. After that its the speaker of the house I think.

Hmm, since I'm young, I would have to say Clinton was the best president in my lifetime too. Between Half a Regan, 2 Bushes, and a Clinton, Clinton is best.

Quote Originally Posted by csparks
    Wrong, if the President dies, the vice president becomes president. After that its the speaker of the house I think.
    I think that's what gamemaster was trying to say. If Clinton became a VP for Hillary, then if she died, he would become a president again, but he already served 2 terms, so I guess that's why the point was brought up.

oops, I dont know what I was thinking. Well I do I forgot we were discussing clinton becoming vp for clinton. Sorry.

I dont know how that works, sounds like a good question for google though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_Pr...States#History

If that's correct, then a formed 2 term president could be elected as a vice president, and could potentially become a president for another term is the president dies or is removed from the office, he just can't get elected directly to presidency. Ah well, I don't think there's much chance of Bill and Hillary running together for the office anyways.

I'd prefer Howard Dean to run for president, and then maybe Hillary can go for VP.

Thats interesting, but like you said, I doubt it would happen.

See attached.

I think my point is made clear.

Edit: (My point being that anyone is better than Bush)
    Last edited by Nick H; 11-21-2007 at 01:25 AM.
    Big things coming soon

Wow Clinton did alot better than Regan, Bush Sr., and this Bush about the country's surplus. If Bush Jr. was a good president, he would have kept making that Surplus bigger instead of going into Deficit.

Nick -- I'm assuming those are real statistics?
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.

I'm thinking they're real, and quite accurate. Typed Deficit Chart in Google image search and found couple of other chart with very similar numbers:

http://www.pushby.com/friends/jesse/...getdeficit.gif
    http://home.att.net/~jrhsc/chart-deficit.gif
    http://www.icmarc.org/ImageCache/rc/...rt20060210.png

wow those charts are amazing. It shows that while both bushs have been in office they have ran the country into the red BIG TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_au
    Nixon? Well that man was lucky people couldn't prove he was *directly* invovled in Water Gate, otherwise he would be in jail till the day he died.
    You're forgetting that Ford pardoned him. He was beyond prosecution from that point on.

Besides, he wasn't *directly* involved in Watergate (the break-in) and there was never any shortage of proof that he was involved in the cover-up.

this guy is going to shake things up a bit

http://www.barackobama.com/main.php

and he has oprah backing him. that may seem silly, if you dont know what a significant following she has.

he is a democrat. he seems like a sensible person from what ive been reading.

He was on meet the press today, and I have to say I really like him. He said he is thinking about running in 08, but will not fully commit to thinking about it till after the november elections.

If I am Bill Clinton, I won't do it. Bill is enjoying peole calling him "Mr. President" even when he is no longer one. Why would he want people calling him "Mr. Vice President", that's like 100 times worse...
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Quote Originally Posted by nocebo
    anyone is better than bush at this point :X
    *Agree* Clinton was a pretty good president when he was in office IMHO.

I'd vote for Barack Obama as well if he had a legit chance of winning in '08. Unfortunately, like some comedian once said (I forget who, if anyone knows, fill me in) he'll lose a lot of the votes from ignorant people because A. he's black and B. his last name sounds like Osama.
    Michael Chase
    Clear-Data Internet Services - Inexpensive website, reseller, and game server hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by csparks
    He was on meet the press today, and I have to say I really like him. He said he is thinking about running in 08, but will not fully commit to thinking about it till after the november elections.
    i just want to see a decent, business-minded, hard working, ethical, family person in the white house.

i dotn care what color, party or sex they are.

Quote Originally Posted by cd-mchase
    I'd vote for Barack Obama as well if he had a legit chance of winning in '08. Unfortunately, like some comedian once said (I forget who, if anyone knows, fill me in) he'll lose a lot of the votes from ignorant people because A. he's black and B. his last name sounds like Osama.
    Yea, that would probably turn out that way. However, he could run for VP which is still a good position, while the election focus will be primarily on the president.

Quote Originally Posted by WHTer
    Yea, that would probably turn out that way. However, he could run for VP which is still a good position, while the election focus will be primarily on the president.
    I hope so, he'd get my vote (if his running mate was good).
    Michael Chase

watch hillary take him (obama) on as her running mate, that way, she wont lose to him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast