Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hillary picks running mate - BILL!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15346079/

clinton-clinton

well, sorta

i mean, its likely!

now she can cheat on him!
    Last edited by Project X; 10-20-2006 at 12:30 PM.

I think it is technically permitted by the Constitution, since the 22nd Amendment only prohibits Bill from being elected to a third term. Hypothetically it could open the door to some interesting hypocrisy, if Republicans, who often say the courts should stick to literal wording of the Constitution, were to ask the Supreme Court to interpret the "intent" of the 22nd Amendment.
    I don't think this is going to really be tested. Politics will dictate that if Hillary gets the nomination she will shop for a running mate who can attract a different demographic than adding a Clinton to a Clinton ticket.

Can that really happen? If his wife died, he would be president again.

Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster
    Don't scare us like that!

lol - well you know...

well yes it can happen and as much as i hate the clintons, i dont think it should be prohibited.

i firmly believe the whole reason the clintons have done what they have done is so they can both end up back in the white house. you have noticed how he has ben helping her, right?
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

i thought there was a rule that you can not live in the same state as the running mate...I thought there was an issue with Cheney and Bush with that.
    Robin Alex
    At your service....

Quote Originally Posted by adidasrta
    i thought there was a rule that you can not live in the same state as the running mate...I thought there was an issue with Cheney and Bush with that.
    i thought cheney was residing in wyoming and bush was from texas.

either way, dont mess with texas!

Don't scare us like that!
    anyone is better than bush at this point :X

well yes it can happen and as much as i hate the clintons, i dont think it should be prohibited.
    why do you hate the clintons?

Quote Originally Posted by nocebo

why do you hate the clintons?
    any woman who doesnt bake cookies must be pure evil. rush has a name for women like her.

HILLARY CLINTON: "I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfill my profession which I entered before my husband was in public life. "

any man who cheats on his wife must be.... well, lets not go there, you DONT want me banned, do you!

BILL CLINTON: " I did not have sex with that woman!".

Hey Bill, we were talking about Monica NOT Hillaryous!
    Last edited by Project X; 10-20-2006 at 05:01 PM.

you DONT want me banned, do you!
    can i take the fifth?

any woman who doesnt bake cookies must be pure evil
    lol ;D

Arrow

can i take the fifth?

lol ;D
    liberal women are much too busy having abortions, complaining about not making equal wages and admiring bill clinton instead of taking care of their men and families!

nuff said!

and no, you dont want me banned!

Not Clinton. Either one of them.

From PARADE's Ask Marilyn

It is obvious that our country is deeply divided: almost 50-50, judging from the last election. Neither side sees any merit whatsoever in the programs of the other, and each side is convinced that the other side has the dumbest ideas that ever came down the pike. Why are the two sides so far apart?
    —Jim Green, Seguin, Tex.

You share a perception that is common, but I disagree with it. I think that the two major parties are almost alike. That’s why our country is so successful, so stable and so peaceful. The parties hand the reins back and forth to each other with little more than smiles and tears at their election headquarters. New and former members of Congress pack up and move to new homes or back to their old ones. Joke-writers work overtime. The U.S. is a great place to live, work and complain. - Marilyn vos Savant

i say bring back ross perot!!

:hudder::

Been so long since I've seen a candidate on the ballot that I can respec I've gone into political withdrawl...

Quote Originally Posted by Tigratrus
    Been so long since I've seen a candidate on the ballot that I can respec I've gone into political withdrawl...
    You're not kidding, every time I've voted in the past 5 yrs has been a "lesser of 2 evils" situation.
    Michael Chase
    Clear-Data Internet Services - Inexpensive website, reseller, and game server hosting.

The three greatest presidents have been Kennedy, Nixon and Clinton. We'd be lucky to have him/them back.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

I have only one issue with Bill, when you're the president of the United States and you can have your pick of any woman on the planet... you go with something like this!?!?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nmon18a.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    The three greatest presidents have been Kennedy, Nixon and Clinton. We'd be lucky to have him/them back.

--Tina
    Hmm I don't think so.

Kennedy
    - Cheating on his wife with multiple affairs and wasn't even present for any of the birth of his children
    - Ran a chaotic White House
    - Used his money to ask someone else to write a book and he got all the recognition/Pulitzer prize
    - He failed miserably as commander of PT101 During WW2 and got most of his crew killed/ship gone..his father used his influence in Washington so he didn't get any punishment.
    - Associated himself with the mafia to win the 1960 Election and during his time in office.
    - Kept his severe back problems away from the public and tried to portray himself as 'heroic' figure..

You call that a great President? The Civil Rights Act wasn't introduced because he wanted to give African American Civil Rights, he tought it would be good for votes.

He may of showed leadership during the Cuban Missile Crisis, but that was about it. Besides if he was to live, he would of lost his re-election!

Nixon? Well that man was lucky people couldn't prove he was *directly* invovled in Water Gate, otherwise he would be in jail till the day he died.

Clinton? Yes I do agree, he is a great man.

Every President has their bad points/isn't perfect, but Cliton by far has high standards (ok apart from the Monica thing..)
    Last edited by GlossyHost-Mike; 10-21-2006 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_au
    - Cheating on his wife with multiple affairs and wasn't even present for any of the birth of his children
    - Ran a chaotic White House
    - Used his money to ask someone else to write a book and he got all the recognition/Pulitzer prize
    - Kept his severe back problems away from the public and tried to portray himself as 'heroic' figure..
    All of those are moral issues. Nothing to do with being a great president.

- He failed miserably as commander of PT101 During WW2 and got most of his crew killed/ship gone..his father used his influence in Washington so he didn't get any punishment.
    Last I heard it wasn't his fault that the ship was rammed. I'm relatively sure that when you enter a war zone, there's a risk of death.

- Associated himself with the mafia to win the 1960 Election and during his time in office.
    I wasn't aware of this. As far as I knew his only Mafia ties were because his mistress was dating some Chicago godfather but I could be way off :\

The Civil Rights Act wasn't introduced because he wanted to give African American Civil Rights, he tought it would be good for votes.
    This I will agree with and I think it's disgraceful.
    Michael Chase
    Clear-Data Internet Services - Inexpensive website, reseller, and game server hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Stephens
    i say bring back ross perot!!

haha staturday night live would have its best season with perot and the clintons running

Quote Originally Posted by cd-mchase
    All of those are moral issues. Nothing to do with being a great president.
    WHAT??? i imagine you are kidding.

It would be fun to watch

I am pretty sure that I should run for president...that would be super

WHAT??? i imagine you are kidding.
    Nope. I could care less if a guy cheats on his wife, paid someone to write a book about himself, or tried to hide a disease. If he does his presidential duties well, he's a good president.
    Michael Chase

Yeah, I think if a chimp from jungle got elected, he'd be better than Bush. At least a chimp wouldn't declare stupid wars and spread violence.

Onto the topic, I don't think that would work really. I personally think democrats should choose Howard Dean to run for president or vice president, and he should have ran instead of Kerry too.

lack of ethics and integrity (most especially in regards to your family) indicates a problem. if the guys own wife cant trust him, why should we?

if he is going to lie to his wife and lie to the public (then later admitted to all his affairs) then i fail to see how that makes him a good president.

the president is supposed to be a role model.

Quote Originally Posted by cd-mchase
    Nope. I could care less if a guy cheats on his wife, paid someone to write a book about himself, or tried to hide a disease. If he does his presidential duties well, he's a good president.

I don't see how someone can prefer Bush over Clinton. I mean Bush basically started an illegal war based on lies, which lead to about 50,000 innocent civilians dying, and Clinton having sex with a woman is a big deal? Yeah people, that makes sense.

If a president is supposed to be a role model, then is it good for Bush to teach people that spreading violence and starting wars is a good idea? I personally think starting wars is a much worse thing than cheating on your wife. They both were pretty bad, but Bush so far has the edge in being one of the worst presidents.

His family life is none of my concern. My last name isn't Kennedy (altho it very well could be with the way that family populates New England ;X) nor is it Clinton. If both of those affairs were left undiscovered, would they have harmed the country? No. Would they have harmed their marriages? Sure, probably. Am I married to Kennedy or Clinton? No.

the president is supposed to be a role model.
    Says who?!
    Michael Chase

IMO, Clinton was the best president during my lifetime, and one of the best in history. I think all the people who have problems with his sexual desires need to get real. Its none of our business. Just like its none of our business what celeberty is sleeping with what celeberty.

The always reason Monica was brought up is because the repubicans wanted a missle to fire at him, just like they wanted to fire missles at iraq.

I also think Hilary would be a good president, and also prove the whole equal rights for women thing.

And finally, Clinton has balls, if you dont agree just watch his interview he had with Fox(a vary biased news channel btw).

Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster
    Wrong, if the President dies, the vice president becomes president. After that its the speaker of the house I think.

Hmm, since I'm young, I would have to say Clinton was the best president in my lifetime too. Between Half a Regan, 2 Bushes, and a Clinton, Clinton is best.

Quote Originally Posted by csparks
    Wrong, if the President dies, the vice president becomes president. After that its the speaker of the house I think.
    I think that's what gamemaster was trying to say. If Clinton became a VP for Hillary, then if she died, he would become a president again, but he already served 2 terms, so I guess that's why the point was brought up.

oops, I dont know what I was thinking. Well I do I forgot we were discussing clinton becoming vp for clinton. Sorry.

I dont know how that works, sounds like a good question for google though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_Pr...States#History

If that's correct, then a formed 2 term president could be elected as a vice president, and could potentially become a president for another term is the president dies or is removed from the office, he just can't get elected directly to presidency. Ah well, I don't think there's much chance of Bill and Hillary running together for the office anyways.

I'd prefer Howard Dean to run for president, and then maybe Hillary can go for VP.

Thats interesting, but like you said, I doubt it would happen.

See attached.

I think my point is made clear.

Edit: (My point being that anyone is better than Bush)
    Last edited by Nick H; 11-21-2007 at 01:25 AM.
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

Wow Clinton did alot better than Regan, Bush Sr., and this Bush about the country's surplus. If Bush Jr. was a good president, he would have kept making that Surplus bigger instead of going into Deficit.

Nick -- I'm assuming those are real statistics?
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.

I'm thinking they're real, and quite accurate. Typed Deficit Chart in Google image search and found couple of other chart with very similar numbers:

http://www.pushby.com/friends/jesse/...getdeficit.gif
    http://home.att.net/~jrhsc/chart-deficit.gif
    http://www.icmarc.org/ImageCache/rc/...rt20060210.png

wow those charts are amazing. It shows that while both bushs have been in office they have ran the country into the red BIG TIME.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast