Do I Need Managed Hosting?

I currently have about 450 accounts with 90% of them using mysql and 20% using cron jobs that eat up about several hours of work on a weekly basis.

Using about 30 gig of bandwidth. I'm on a reseller account right now and it appears that my sites go down frequently, are slow, or my cron jobs never execute fully. I may be growing out of the reseller account, but not sure if its just not my host.

Any recommendations?
    Build a Website in Only 5 Minutes with Hosting. Free Trial

Alberta, Canada
    I'm surprized your Hoster allows the many accounts for a Reseller. From what you say, a VPS or Dedicated should be obtained. And either way, Managed would probably be best. offers both and having used them ourselves for the last year, I can recommed them for good service, Managed or otherwise. - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

destnj, I'd recommend you to have a VPS or Dedik. I think it'll be more safe and reliable thing for you.
    Website Rob, do you use service? If yes, how long?

If your sites are slow and going down, that's a sure sign that you need to go up a level with your hosting plans.. of course going dedi would be a more comfortable solution but if you can't afford that at the time beind then you can go with a VPS
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

netricksdotcom , you may be an experienced person if you run an unmanaged system. So what kinds of issues do you have when you apply to the company for help?

If you have a huge amount of clients using a huge traffic, then better go for dedicated servers.

That would be better to get a dedicated server, so that you get a better management for your clients.

Thank you.

Kingston, Ontario
    450 accounts on a reseller... wow. Why would liquidweb suggest a VPS, that's still overload IMO. You need your own dedicated box, quick.

I'm suprised you weren't kicked/forced off the reseller earlier. Bandwidth utilization is very low but still - 450 accounts is 450+ named entries, httpd entries, all the mail accounts that go with it putting lots of load where you don't think on a probably already loaded reseller box.
    Upload Guardian 2 - Malicious Upload Scanner - Windows and Linux!
    Instantly scan uploaded files
    Get notified when released

450 is alot of accounts! i would advise upgradeing to a dedicated asap. You will get a much faster service with your sites, and could host alot more.

Lansing, MI
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramprage
    450 accounts on a reseller... wow. Why would liquidweb suggest a VPS, that's still overload IMO. You need your own dedicated box, quick.
    I should note that it was not in fact liquidweb that recommended a VPS solution for this case. It sounds as though a dedicated would in fact be the most suitable.

Someone merely recommended us in general, something which we do appreciate very much.
    Matthew Hill
    CEO, Liquid Web Inc.

In the office
    A managed low-end dedicated server would be a right choice. As mentioned if you are having downtime, slow loads and so on.. it would be a good sign that an upgrade is needed.