Like so many of you, most of the pages in my site were delegated to the Supplemental Index with the Big Daddy update. I've tried to do everything suggested to yank them out, such as different meta descriptions for every page, more content etc. with limited success. Until yesterday, it had been my
understanding that the sup index is a kind of "B index," which is only accessed when there are not enough "A index" entries to satisfy a queery.

But as many of you check, sometimes on top 10 in G are displayed sites with Supplemental indexed, so the "B index" pages are sometimes considered more important than the "A index" pages?

I don't understand, and hope that if anyone can explain this, then maybe this will help me figure out how to deal with all of my pages stranded in the sup index?!

Supplemental sites are part of Google's auxiliary index. We're able to place fewer restraints on sites that we crawl for this supplemental index than we do on sites that are crawled for our main index. For example, the number of parameters in a URL might exclude a site from being crawled for inclusion in our main index; however, it could still be crawled and added to our supplemental index.
upp... i check it only now ...

supplemental sites (not pages !!!)

before now , i know ( read on different forums) , that only pages can be supplemental. now as u see, "supplemental sites" ... so if part of pages from the same site are with supplemental mark, site is "supplemental "

correct me, if i'm wrong !

thank you