Question to be seen in google search engines???

I want to be seen in google, yahoo, and msn search engines, for free, do you know how can I accomplish this task?

I am not talking about paid advertising.

Thanks !!!!

Just submit them. Do a search on seach for "add site ENGINE NAME" insterting the engine name if you need to find where to add your site to it.

It also helps if you have links from other sites that are already on them, then their spiders will crawl from the indexed sites over to y ours.

You need to look at doing some search optimization for your site. For some good reading I would recommend starting here http://searchenginewatch.com/showPag...age=webmasters
    -Jay-

Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow!

The quickest way is to have incoming links from a website that is already listed so the search engines can find you.

An excellent book on the subject is: Search Engine Optimization for Dummies by Peter Kent.

Good luck!

well thanks a lot indeed!!!!!

Moved to Web Design and Content.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Or once your website becomes pretty active, it will finally crawl on it's own and find you.

Hello ..

There are some sites which host the free utility to site submssion to various search engines ..

http://www.donerightscripts.com/cgi-...esubmitter.cgi

Although not very reliable as we do not know how far their site sumitter scripts work but it is not bad to take a try.

The Best option is to sumit the site by yourself to the google and yahoo URL's given below.

google.com/addurl/

submit.search.yahoo.com

Remember to give a proper description with the proper keywords regarding the object of your website while you submit the site to yahoo and google.

Hope it helps you all there .....
    :::: T R U S T D N S ::::

The big answer is learn SEO ( search engine optimisation).
    I have spent a few years learning it and i have finially got my sites to the top of google and yahoo, for my particular searchs. eg.

search for ' dive club wirral ' (wirral being the geographical location) and you will find wadc.co.uk ( the scuba diving club i was in.
    or
    search for ' manufacturer of reptile racking ' in google and you will find winracks.com ( A local company )

I think Google has this rule of not indexing the site for the first 60 or 90 days, don't know about others. Make sure you have your robots.txt set up correctly because I noticed Yahoo! and Google both just love this file.
    Yahoo! picks up your site very quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesum
    I think Google has this rule of not indexing the site for the first 60 or 90 days, don't know about others. .
    That's called "sandbox".
    healthy, do you want just to be seen or to have a decent PR?

Try to get quality backlinks from trusted sites, it will help you to get out from sandbox.

i send a newsletter on my forum about the google sandbox. i think there is a link to the article here - http://www.webberscorner.com/The-Goo...dbox-t-88.html

you can be held in the google sandbox which means you are not indexed for up to 6 months. the average is 3 months.

to ensure you are listed you need:
    - clearly present content - i mean in the coding using <h1> <p> etc etc.
    - try to get lots of links to your website, especially from big sites by posting, placing in sigs etc.
    - use a meta tag
    - regular updated content

i will be sending an article out in my next newsletter about improving your rank if you are interested.

Read some seo articles and you'd know much more.

Is it important to have a robot.txt fie in your root?

Well, not really but it directs the robots where to go and not too go.

Hi Buddy,

Google is a free search engine as you must be aware of so to be seen on the search engines u need to perform lot of search engine friendly talks.

The major thing is that the html should be accurate, the CSS validation should also be accurate and according to W3C standards.

Secondly, try using white hat SEO so that your site can perform for longer in search engine whereas in black hat your site will run but on a temporary basis so try maximum use of white hat.

Thanks & Regards
    Geetanjali

No, there's no need for robot.txt if you do not want to disallow spiders to index some page. The file is used to disallow certain spiders from seeing files that you not want them to see.

Well, u are absolutely right! As we dont need robot.txt file if we do not want to disallow spider to index some page.

Secondly, try using white hat SEO so that your site can perform for longer in search engine whereas in black hat your site will run but on a temporary basis so try maximum use of white hat.
    White hat? Black hat? Elaborate, please.

you are very nice indeed! really thanks a lot!

you are awsome, wish there were a way to thank you, here they do not have the reputation script right?

get backlinks, good descriptive URLS, H1 tags and that's basically it, appart from content.

Cheers,

John

If you can find a way to "aqquire" Internet Business Promoter, it has a built in automatic search engine submission tool for over 250 search engines (although about 20 of them are just google in different languages).
    URLShort Hosting - http://billing.urlshort.com/

Quote Originally Posted by URLShort
    If you can find a way to "aqquire" Internet Business Promoter, it has a built in automatic search engine submission tool for over 250 search engines (although about 20 of them are just google in different languages).
    how does IBP improve your business?

It doesn't, it promotes it to search engines, and web directories. Hence Internet Business PROMOTER.
    URLShort Hosting - http://billing.urlshort.com/

Submitting them's the easiest way.

Hi Willdex

Thanks for your query. Refer to the query please go through the link provided.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_...te_hat_methods

<<signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 11-06-2006 at 02:10 AM.

Arrow My Site Can Be Reached Through Google Now!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TRUSTDNS
    Hello ..

There are some sites which host the free utility to site submssion to various search engines ..

http://www.donerightscripts.com/cgi-...esubmitter.cgi

Although not very reliable as we do not know how far their site sumitter scripts work but it is not bad to take a try.

The Best option is to sumit the site by yourself to the google and yahoo URL's given below.

google.com/addurl/

submit.search.yahoo.com

Remember to give a proper description with the proper keywords regarding the object of your website while you submit the site to yahoo and google.

Hope it helps you all there .....

Thanks alot TRUSTDNS!!!!!!

this links helped alot:

google.com/addurl/

My site can now be found through google search, although it appears on the second page, and only if you put two special words but well its a beginning I guess!

By the way I haven't add a robot.txt, I will.

THANKS A LOT DUd

and thanks to all.

I guess now I will add that robot.txt file...
    Last edited by healthy; 11-19-2006 at 05:55 PM.

It's all about affiliates get some, try to get high traffic sites to affiliate with you, i've gotten alot of traffic that way, goodluck.

Google Ranking

[QUOTE=healthy]Thanks alot TRUSTDNS!!!!!!

this links helped alot:

google.com/addurl/

Hello.. Also put a sitemap.html file in the root and link with the index page.
    It will help a lot if you have proper TITLE in all pages and also a proper description tag.

Hope it was helpful.
    :::: T R U S T D N S ::::

I've listened to many seminars about internet, including Affiliate Summit's video at http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...uration%3Along.
    In my opinion, you really shouldn't even care about submitting your site to search engines, it's their job. If you submit your site, you're basically telling the SE Hey I'm here! Don't forget me! I've got some spam and affiliate links and Adsense going on!! You might not have spam per se, but you know what I mean. Hopefully.