Shared account limit ftp access?

Hi, 3 of my friends and I want to put up websites with our own different domain names. Do shared accounts that have numerous ftp accounts allow you to limit access to what folder? Is the only big differences with a reseller account is that we would each have our own control panels and private nameservers? Thanks for the advice.

You should be fine with a multiple domain account, you can set different FTP accounts for each domain (with Cpanel, there's a limitation where the "main" domain have access to all the rest too)

With a reseller account each account does get their own control panel, and you and your 3 friends have access to create their own let's say, email accounts, subdomains, mysql, etc.
    With a shared multidomain account, that's done through 1 control panel.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like shared hosting is the way to go. Glad to hear that they wont be able to get into my account. Reseller hosting is a lot more expensive with less resources. Do some places offer private dns nameservers for shared hosting?

Hi,

Most hosts for shared hosting should allow you to point your own NS1 and NS2.YOURDOMAIN.COM to their IPs so it appears to be ns1.yourdomain.com when it is the same IP

As for Reseller vs Shared in your case, cPanel has addon domain option which is very easy to manage already, along with FTP Management option in cPanel which allows you to limit the amount of storage set to it so for your needs it should definitely be fine.

Cheers!
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...