Transfering Web Hosts

My current host uses CPanel. If I were to download the daily backup of my site, then upload it onto another host through their CPanel, would all of my sites files be successfully transfered using this method?

- Would all the directories, folders, php scripts, etc... appear and function properly?

Yes, all your files would be there. However please note, your
    • MySQL databases
    • Email accounts / Forwarders
    • SPAM filters
    • etc.

wont be moved.

The best way to move the account is to use the WHM account move feature. But by the sounds of things you don't have access to it.

The other way to do it, If you have SSH/Telnet access on your old and new host. Simply tar up all your files then get them using the new host and untar them again This still wont move your DBs etc. but it may be quicker if you have a lot of files.
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Originally posted by rochen
    Yes, all your files would be there. However please note, your
    • MySQL databases
    • Email accounts / Forwarders
    • SPAM filters
    • etc.

wont be moved.

Actually they will. All emails spam filters etc will move with the daily backup. The MySQL you will use the database daliy back up to move and use the filter backup to move all the filters and alias files.
    What will not move is the database users list and passwords, you have to recreate those thru cpanel.

I just moved 20 accounts this way and it worked quite well.

Alright, thanks to the both of you.