Thread: Best Webhost

* Best Webhost

I just signed up for a year of service with dreamhost, It seems pretty decent, I was just wonderering what you guys thought was the best host? Because if there is something better i want to switch when the year is over.

Well I guess I could reword it, a really really good shared web host.

And I just joined this site, so I wasnt aware of it before I purchased hosting from dreamhost, which seems ok.

I have 6 websites to run, I want to be able to do it all under one hosting plan.
    Yogurt in the right ammount can make all of your fantasies come true. -Yopla'

Because if there is something better i want to switch when the year is over.
    If you paid by card, I believe you have 97 days to make up your mind if Dreamhost is your "best host" or not, risk free, at least according to their moneyback policy that is.. Use this time wisely.

Thats great to hear, but I dont really know of any other good webhosts. Any suggestions i can check out? Any lists or anything?

Well there's an offers section for shared hosts, also many hosts have link in signatures, but you'll want to do research on everyone you find. Get reviews, ask questions, learn!

Yogurt,

Welcome to WHT! There really is no 'list' so to speak. And as one said already, it is really what is best for you. That said, as a new member of this community, and since you are currently set in your hosting, I would now take the time to sit back and read. There will be plenty of reviews for you to read, lots of advice and even more opinions. Take your time to see what si what. As you build a list of your own, use the WHT HostQuote feature, found in the menus at top of page, and see what you get. Also do a search of past posts on those you are interested in.

Good luck and enjoy yourself here at WHT!
    ||| Mike Bowers - Marketing Director
    ||| atOmicVPS LTD
    ||| OnApp Powered Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting ► [Shared] ► [Reseller] ► [VPS]
    ||| Follow the atOmicVPS Blog

I was going to send you some thoughts on the subject but you don't allow Private Messages, so I was unable to help you.

No host is really best, but the smaller ones are better from my experience.

Good luck,
    Travis
    TWC, LLC - USA based w/ three teams behind us!
    We will beat any web development or design quote

http://totalwebcentral.com/

It depends on what he needs from his web host, maybe dreamhost will be good host for him *raises an eyebrow*. Tho its weird that they come to ask for comments after they have alredy signed up with a company.

Good luck

lol, maybe check out webhostingstuff.com for reviews etc

Dreamhost can be pretty good, the first few months can be sorta rough sometimes though since they dump new customers onto new servers then load balance from there as the servers fill up. When people first move in they generally cause more problems to server reliablity with scripts that maybe were not quite meant for shared hosting and unpredicabtable usage.

Ultimately though, it's just a matter of the right choice for YOU, regaurdless of others experiences. You've just gotta know what specific features are most important for YOU.

search dreamhost reviews and you will find out that way.

13. Best host?
    Depends on your needs.

Disk space.
    Bandwidth
    Number of domains you want to host
    Some offer marketing credits $25 to $105.
    Plus .......
    Last edited by Hosting Providers; 10-19-2006 at 05:49 PM.

SoftwareRevenue once said that there's no such thing as a best host, but there's a best host that suits your needs...mmm..or something close to that
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

I have 6 Domains, and possibly will add more later.

Each site has a bandwidth load of approx 5 gigs a month

Space required is about 10-20 gigs.

Thats pretty minimum, if there is more thats always better.

SoftwareRevenue once said that there's no such thing as a best host, but there's a best host that suits your needs...mmm..or something close to that
    There is no best host, there's only the best host for YOU. Is that the quote ?

Are you really using 10 - 20 gigs of space?

I could use more, not everything that is hosted is readily available to the rest of the internet, its backup.

Its not neccicary though, based on my specs can anyone reccomend a host? I enabled private messages, if youd rather message me.

WebHostPlus

I think HostGator is a better one.

Isnt hostgator a adaware company?

Quote Originally Posted by taylorwilsdon
    WebHostPlus
    You sure about that recommendation?

I'm using Dreamhost too! anyway, the price is really very cheap!

Hello,

If you hosting company is offering a better service for what you are paying to them then I would suggest not to switch your hosting since the hosting company knows the in and out of your domain. So it is better to stick with the same hosting company.

Thank you.

Regards,