Thread: Best CMS?

Best CMS?

What's the best current content management system right now? Why?

Thanks,
    Travis
    TWC, LLC - USA based w/ three teams behind us!
    We will beat any web development or design quote

http://totalwebcentral.com/

Quote Originally Posted by WHC - Travis

Thanks,
    Travis
    Good question!

I'm in!

We all have our own opinion and let me share mine. I would use either e107 and joomla. Easy to use, heaps of templates, nice layout and almost hassle free..

Zac
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Joomla is the best IMHO.

I've used Etomite on several sites and use it for my companies site. I'm also trying out WebsiteBaker at the moment and seems pretty nice and much easier to use them Etomite although Etomite has much more features in the admin section.

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

I'm also a huge fan of e107.

ok

Thanks WHC - Travis, I was just about to post something in this forum just like what you did - but you beat me to it.

So far just a couple of people are saying "why" they like a certain CMS. A lot of people are posting - "I like a CMS called ABC." Ok, so what - just "WHY" do you like it?

Gentlemen I need a CMS that has -

A good photogallery module where members can rate and comment on pictures - not pron either.

I need a CMS that has a good forum module. I would prefer a forum that allows members to post pictures directly to their post instead of having to use the image tag.

I need a CMS with a good wysiwyg editor, so my members can submit their own articles with pictures aready imbedded. That way I do not have to upload the images and insert the code of the images before posting their articles.

I need a CMS with a product review section, so members can rate products that are related to the theme of my site.

I need a CMS whos themes are easy to edit - I do not know php but I can edit html. In time I will have to learn php, I already know that.

I would like a good shopping cart module - for later expansion.

Right now I am using mdpro, but becuase of its limitations I am going to have to move onto something else - like Joomla. Currently I have E107 installed on a test site, and am looking at it for one of my production sites. However, after looking through E107s support forums, a lot of people are having problems with its picture gallery. A gallery is one of my requirements, so E107 is almost out of the running.

subdreamer.com here, one i like to use

dear all,

this question has been asked time and again on WHT. I suggest people do some searching and a little bit of homework to find the CMS that suits them best. There are lots of CMS available all over but no one can decide which one is best for you except you. It al depends on the niche and the content of your site. Your needs and features required by you. I would suggest that you should go hunting and experimenting. This will help you find the perfect fit for your need for each kind of site you might be having on mind.

Best CMS?
    depend on your needs?

Ekhwan
    You 100% is right!
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Quote Originally Posted by WHC - Travis
    Asking a question like that is like asking "what's the best flavour of ice cream?"
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”

drupal.

easy to use, easy to customise, can create any design or site with it from a business site to a community to ecommerce. lots of plugins.

OPEN SOURCE!!

but so true to the previous post ^^^. it is personal opinions. I know some who hate drupal. like lots like joomla but i hate it.

i prefer Joomla overall, but Mambo is OK too.

WebGUI ftw... but it also depends on what you want and need...

Joomla.

Hassle free. Tons of templates.

guess

Everyone is just ignoring my question

alex-developer - I posted what I needed and everyone is still saying their same ol "I like this CMS" and no real reason as to why they like it.

Can someone suggest a good CMS that has a good forum, good wysiwyg editor for members to submit articles and a good picture gallery??

Quote Originally Posted by ~kev~
    Everyone is just ignoring my question

alex-developer - I posted what I needed and everyone is still saying their same ol "I like this CMS" and no real reason as to why they like it.

Can someone suggest a good CMS that has a good forum, good wysiwyg editor for members to submit articles and a good picture gallery??
    All you have to do is read this http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...archid=1595696

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

Quote Originally Posted by Evolver
    All that is listed in those searchs are the usual "I like a CMS called ABC." Little to no exact details except for "lots of templates" and the classic "its easy to use."

Details PLEASE - so what if you like this or that CMS? Were you able to plug a picture gallery into it without taking a full day to edit the database? Is there a good forum module? Is there a good comments module? Is there a good reviews module?

So far I am seeing little or no exact details.

Why did I go with MDpro - the themes are html based are are easy to edit. It has a good forum that plugs right into the site. There are several galleries that will plug right in as a module - with ease. Blocks can be positioned in the right or left columns with ease. The blocks are a snap to edit.

Why am I moving away from MDPro - I can not get support, some of the modules are limited, I want a better picture gallery. One site is staying MDPro, a couple of others will be joomla (maybe).

My "ice cream" response was to the original poster, who I note is MIA in this thread.

Suggest you find solutions that *appear* to meet your needs and then visit the user community forums, mailing lists for those solutions and ask them. You'll get
    more and better information that way.

Good luck in your search.
    http://www.opensourcecms.com/

(and me: I write my own)
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”

Mambo and Joomla are the Best

I find both Joomla & Mambo are best for business site.

Just my 2 cents here:
    we've been using Joomla for quite a while for the following reasons:
    - ease of use
    - ease of skinning/templating
    - enormous load of free/commercial components for almost any need - photogralleries, forums, calendars, shopping carts, you name it
    - transparent coding (at least we spend a lot less time figuring out what's going on then on actual coding)
    - stable and successful history of development
    - reliable development team, that addresses security issues faster then a lot of industry leaders
    - it's end-user friendly
    Web Design and Development by Zealus - Complete business solutions for the web!

Small business blog - small business consulting, company analysis, advisory and more.

Joomla, I like it.
    For my site I choose 24/7 solutions - Professional managed hosting. It's O'k for now.

joomla is one i would pick. the page layout is not the best but the admin area rocks.

The best CMS isn't one that's already put together (ie: *Nuke, drupal, geeklog, etc), it's one YOU write and customize to do what YOU want or need it to do.

The problem with out of the box CMS solutions is that they're designed by individuals who don't charge to update. This means they are "hobby" things, and if there's an issue with things, they will take longer to reply and fix than if you paid for something to be developed.

As well, out of the box CMS solutions aren't built for YOU to do what YOU want them to do. yes, they can be highly customized, but they're not built directly to see what you want them to do.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

i like e107. it's a nice balance of client usuablility and power. i think joomla is probably more powerful but if you don't know much it's a steeper learning curve.

here's a site i made with e107 for a client freesurf magazine.