Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My domain in RegisterFly can not renew and transfer

This is my domain "qweas.net", it will expire soon. Everytime when I tried to renew it, it will send me two emails within 1 to 2 days with the following titles telling me that the domain can not be tranferred.

Failed Transfer Refund qweas.net
    Registerfly.com - Unable to transfer qweas.net notification.

I submitted several support tickets for help, but their answers always are not on the point. Or they just place a new order for me that will get the same result, that is, I will receive two emails telling me that the domain can not be transfered. Till now, I have tried many times and there are a dozen of emails in my email box with the above two subjects.

Anybody who has domains in RegisterFly meet the same problem before, and how to get the problem solved? Thank you all for advice!

And the below is the content of the emails:

We were unable to complete your transfer order to Registerfly.com due
    to errors returned by the registry. A detailed list of the error
    message(s) returned appears below:

Domain Name:
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    qweas.net

Response from registry:
    Last edited by gelijian2; 10-19-2006 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gelijian2
    This is my domain "qweas.net", it will expire soon. Everytime when I tried to renew it, it will send me two emails within 1 to 2 days with the following titles telling me that the domain can not be tranferred.

Failed Transfer Refund qweas.net
    Registerfly.com - Unable to transfer qweas.net notification.

I submitted several support tickets for help, but their answers always are not on the point. Or they just place a new order for me that will get the same result, that is, I will receive two emails telling me that the domain can not be transfered. Till now, I have tried many times and there are a dozen of emails in my email box with the above two subjects.

Anybody who has domains in RegisterFly meet the same problem before, and how to get the problem solved? Thank you all for advice!

And the below is the content of the emails:

We were unable to complete your transfer order to Registerfly.com due
    to errors returned by the registry. A detailed list of the error
    message(s) returned appears below:

Domain Name:
    qweas.net

Response from registry:

use the search button, top right for registerfly- all your answers are there.

if you have more than 14 days before expiration, MOVE to a good registrar now!

1. remove protectfly
    2. update a valid admin contact email address
    3. unlock your domain
    4. set up new registrar account
    5. at new registrar, submit transfer domain request
    6. "approve" domain transfer request emai.
    7. if you get "warning" transfer request email from RF, do not reject transfer, appove it.

good luck

-larry

I totally agree with k3rnd. It's already unlocked, so 1-3 are already done. It doesn't expire until November, so you have time to signup with another registrar and put in a transfer request at our new registrar.
    Signature Under Construction.

Very annoying, I contacted them yesterday again, and they just submitted a new renew/transfer order, and now I received two emails again, I don't know why can't them just find out what's the problem and correct it before doing the useless work again.

DO_NOT_REPLY@ registerfly.com Registerfly.com - Unable to transfer qweas.net notification. Thu Oct 19, 2006 3k
    DO_NOT_REPLY@ registerfly.com Failed Transfer Refund qweas.net Thu Oct 19, 2006 2k

Registerfly Used to be a reseller of ENOM, INC.
    Its only in the last year or so that they have started using their own system.

Your domain appears to be on their old reseller system with enom.

If you contact http://www.enom.com/ and tell them that there reseller registerfly is not acting upon your request and not allowing you to transfer out they might be able to help since your domain is still in Enoms system from when they used to be a reseller.

Ive never done this before so I dont know if it will work.
    I could tell you a joke about UDP. But I'm not sure you would get it!

I do according to k3rnd and stu2's suggestions and decide to transfer the domain from RegisterFly to another registrar OnlineNIC, during the procedure, onlinenic sent me an email with a link I clicked it, it ask me to enter a auth/code, but I don't know the auth/code, so I entered RegisterFly account to search it everywhere, but I can't find an auth/code, so I contacted the support for an auth/code, the support told me that only when transfer a domain, I will receive an email with an auth/code included in it, but I never received any emails from RegisterFly or eNom telling me the auth/code. So I have to clicked the link without entering any auth/code, and now I have waitted for 2 days, the status in OnlineNIC account showing that :

2006-10-20 05:23:18 We have transferred the RRP and are waiting for the response from the registry

Anybody here knows if there is any mistakens during my operation? Thank you.

Best Regards,
    lee

no sounds like you are doing it right. i have the same issues when i try to transfer domains into registerfly. sometimes its very nerve wracking. support tickets get me no where and phone support is not always so helpful either

At registerfly the Authorization Code is in the bottom left corner of the Contact Info for any domain.

To stu2,

there is no auth/code at the place you mentioned, but I had ever seen the auth/code there in another account. It is very strange domains in this account do not have auth/code. Now I do received an email from RegisterFly notifying me to approve or reject the transfer, I selected "Approve", hope everything would be well.

Thank you all.

I just checked one remaining .com i have at RF and there is no code there yet.
    All the .orgs I had there had the code at the bottom of the registrant info page.

If you got the RF email and approved it, you should see the change in a whois lookup in a few hours.

Next week I find out if my customer still wants his domain (the one left at RF). He gets to move it and pay for the renewal before 3/07.

YOU MADE IT!!!

(from whois.sc)
    Registry Data
    ICANN Registrar: ONLINENIC, INC.
    Created: 29-Nov-2005
    Expires: 29-Nov-2007

-larry
    Last edited by k3rnd; 10-22-2006 at 04:56 AM.

forgot to mention-
    ---------------------------
    don't expect your info on RF to be correct ;-)
    whois on RF will be wrong,
    domain will still be in your acct.
    and you will get renewal notices.
    (none of this is important or needs fixed
    - it will not affect your domain at your new registrar)
    --------------------------
    did you get your renewal money back?
    they will return the money to your RF "account"
    but you can submit a ticket -
    "please refund my $xx.xx account credit balance to my credit card"

keep it very simple, they can only handle a few words at a time, and one problem at a time ;-)

it will take a few days, but they will get it done.

-larry

sorry, back again.

you might need to setup or update the dns at your new registrar and allow a few hours for that info to update. dnsreports shows the enom dns records and some of that stuff is reaching end of "Time To Live".

-l

You can just open a support ticket asking registerfly to delete the domains you have transferred away. They handle it pretty promptly in my experience (1 or 2 days).

I'm certainly not going to ask them to delete ANYTHING! I have enough trouble asking them to restore the one domain still with them, that keeps disappearing from my account ;-)

-larry

I have been with registerfly for years... I have over 150 domains with them and I wont go into all my issues with them here, however I do have one pressing issue and would appreciate any help or advice.

For the last 6+ days any domains I have been trying to renew with them are failing (messages are cancelled transfers)....

OK, i know that transfer isnt renewal but thats just the stupid way its done now cause they are supposed to be their own regitry now.... except they dont seem to be able to renew anything.

Support have told me numerous times that "There is found to be issue with renewal interface at registry. Please submit renewal order after X hours" which I do with the same results....

multiple attempts at renewal are "cancelled" and when I contact support (and wait and wait) they assure me that they will renew them manually, but then I see the "cancelled transfer" note again.

As some of these domains expire in less than a week i am becoming frantic.

So, what do I do if the domain now has less than 5 days till renewal, and they keep screwing up renewals ?

Am looking at transfering everything to new registrar now, but cant afford to loose the doms that are about to expire...

I had 7 domains up for renewal and placed renewal/transfer with Registerfly.

All failed, placed a ticket and they said about EPP code failure. Unfortunately that was not the case so I sent an email to my contact @ Registerfly and he explained that Verisign will launch EPP system for com / net from Saturday but I can use RRP till then.

I've just submitted all 7 and lets see if it works.

I'm a happy client and I really hope Registerfly can solve these issues.
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting • Reseller Hosting • Dedicated Servers • Domain Names
    Custom Web Development • Mobile Application Development • SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

I have a domain that just expired at Registerfly due to their ineptitude. I attempted to renew it twice before it expired and my credit card was billed for both times.

Well, their live support is not live and I get bounceback emails from that and I have no response on my support ticket after 4 days. So, I called their customer support number. Their rep just told me that their renewal system is down for maintenance until this Friday and to try to renew again then. He also told me that there is a 29 day grace period, but did not respond to the fact that the domain is currently DOWN because I couldn't renew it.

He also told me to call billing to get refunded for the automatic charges. Well, billing is only 9-5 Eastern, so I have to call them tomorrow. ARRGH.
    Fred
    PC Business Guide - For Computer Business Owners

Quote Originally Posted by tpt
    I have a domain that just expired at Registerfly due to their ineptitude.
    Was the domain unlocked? Was the private whois removed? Were the whois details current? If yes, I would agree about ineptitude on their part. Else, it was your fault, solely.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marsh
    Was the domain unlocked? Was the private whois removed? Were the whois details current? If yes, I would agree about ineptitude on their part. Else, it was your fault, solely.
    i wouldn't way tpt made a mistake for having his domain locked, just because registerfly always call the process "renewal" instead of transfer, why should someone unlock a domain for a 'renewal'?
    Registerfly lies to customers about those fake renewals, if they state very clear that its a transfer, then people would be very aware of that, and unlock the domains and confirm the transfer, but why should i approve a transfer when i ordered a renewal? I ordered a renewal, paid a renewal, and want my domain renewed, if the domain is at enom, then the domain has to be RENEWED at enom, not transfered.

In a few months i'm going to finish transfering all my domains away from RF, transfering away is safer than transfering from Registerfly-enom-reseller to registerfly-registrar

Quote Originally Posted by elmister
    Registerfly lies to customers about those fake renewals, if they state very clear that its a transfer, then people would be very aware of that
    Actually, they are NOT lying. They state this VERY clearly in their knowledge base: http://registerfly.com/kb/?mode=deta...rticleid=14040
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marsh
    I tried to renew the domain 4 days before it expired (unlocked and no private whois). I opened a support ticket after receiving notification that the renewal failed. That was 3 days before my domain expired. I added a note to the support ticket 24 hours after I submitted it and tried to contact them via livehelp, with no response (except for an offline lifehelp bounceback from an invalid email address). I called their "24 hour" support line, but it was after closing hours (according to their recording). So, I called again during normal business hours and finally talked to someone.

Well, now my domain is expired and I'm being told that I can't renew it until Friday....So, in my humble opinion, the reason that the domain expired was RegisterFly's ineptitude. How can any registrar simply shut down their domain renewal system for over a week? Not to mention the false advertising of having 24/7 support.

Needless to say, I am moving the few domains I have left at registerfly to eNom and, as soon as I get control of this domain, it's going also. Once this is done, I will not do any more business with Registerfly.
    Fred

Hi TPT.

Im in similar predicament as you... (including the live support mail bounceback fiasco...)

Tried for 5+days to renew domain (all failed)and also been told my dom would be renewed manually (nup), so I have now gone past the 7 day min transfer period before dom expires, so I have have 2 options now.

1) Try once more to renew with them. (then wait 60 days before transferring AWAY from them).

2) the other option (AND YOURS) is to contact enom as I have just done ( if they are still the actual registrars ) and they may offer to 'transfer' the dom to their systems within the 30 day grace period after expiry....
    lol - they are actually still the registrars anyway.

Check your whois and see who is listed as the registrar... if its enom, your have a safety net to fall back on.

Good luck all who are in this predicament - it has driven me absolutely crazy this week... but this forum has helped me understand what is going on.

Run for the hills (or another registrar... preferably not another RESELLER !)

Hi again TPT

Their rep just told me that their renewal system is down for maintenance until this Friday and to try to renew again then
    They told you that?
    Wow... all i got out of them a few days back was
    RESPONSE FROM CUSTOMER SUPPORT [2006-10-23]

Hello,

There is found to be issue with renewal interface at registry. Please submit
    renewal order after 6 hours.

Thank You.
    ...and they told you Friday?
    Ive been sitting here for days screwing around trying to sort this out and posting complaints and trying re-renewals (and failing) with this damned registry and they told you Friday?

Arghhhhh

Lodge a complaint with the The New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs

It will make you feel better
    Last edited by crdr; 10-27-2006 at 10:12 AM.

removed NJ consumer affairs email because im not sure about posting it here for legal reasons

Just to give everybody an update. I opened a support ticket with eNom advising them of the problems I am having with Registerfly and asking if they can push the expired domain to my eNom account.

well, earlier today (Sunday), I received an email stating that the expired domain has been pushed to my eNom account and is added to my cart because it needs to be renewed. So, I now have control of the expired domain and it has been submitted for renewal.

Thanks for the ideas that helped!
    Fred

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast