hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Domain Names : My domain in RegisterFly can not renew and transfer

Forum Jump

My domain in RegisterFly can not renew and transfer

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Names Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

My domain in RegisterFly can not renew and transfer

This is my domain "qweas.net", it will expire soon. Everytime when I tried to renew it, it will send me two emails within 1 to 2 days with the following titles telling me that the domain can not be tranferred.

Failed Transfer Refund qweas.net
Registerfly.com - Unable to transfer qweas.net notification.

I submitted several support tickets for help, but their answers always are not on the point. Or they just place a new order for me that will get the same result, that is, I will receive two emails telling me that the domain can not be transfered. Till now, I have tried many times and there are a dozen of emails in my email box with the above two subjects.

Anybody who has domains in RegisterFly meet the same problem before, and how to get the problem solved? Thank you all for advice!

And the below is the content of the emails:

We were unable to complete your transfer order to Registerfly.com due
to errors returned by the registry. A detailed list of the error
message(s) returned appears below:

Domain Name:
--------------------------------------------------------------
qweas.net

Response from registry:

Last edited by gelijian2; 10-19-2006 at 06:51 AM.

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelijian2
This is my domain "qweas.net", it will expire soon. Everytime when I tried to renew it, it will send me two emails within 1 to 2 days with the following titles telling me that the domain can not be tranferred.

Failed Transfer Refund qweas.net
Registerfly.com - Unable to transfer qweas.net notification.

I submitted several support tickets for help, but their answers always are not on the point. Or they just place a new order for me that will get the same result, that is, I will receive two emails telling me that the domain can not be transfered. Till now, I have tried many times and there are a dozen of emails in my email box with the above two subjects.

Anybody who has domains in RegisterFly meet the same problem before, and how to get the problem solved? Thank you all for advice!

And the below is the content of the emails:

We were unable to complete your transfer order to Registerfly.com due
to errors returned by the registry. A detailed list of the error
message(s) returned appears below:

Domain Name:
qweas.net

Response from registry:

use the search button, top right for registerfly- all your answers are there.

if you have more than 14 days before expiration, MOVE to a good registrar now!

1. remove protectfly
2. update a valid admin contact email address
3. unlock your domain
4. set up new registrar account
5. at new registrar, submit transfer domain request
6. "approve" domain transfer request emai.
7. if you get "warning" transfer request email from RF, do not reject transfer, appove it.

good luck

-larry

Old
Web Hosting Master

I totally agree with k3rnd. It's already unlocked, so 1-3 are already done. It doesn't expire until November, so you have time to signup with another registrar and put in a transfer request at our new registrar.

Sponsored Links
Old

Very annoying, I contacted them yesterday again, and they just submitted a new renew/transfer order, and now I received two emails again, I don't know why can't them just find out what's the problem and correct it before doing the useless work again.

DO_NOT_REPLY@ registerfly.com Registerfly.com - Unable to transfer qweas.net notification. Thu Oct 19, 2006 3k
DO_NOT_REPLY@ registerfly.com Failed Transfer Refund qweas.net Thu Oct 19, 2006 2k

Old
Web Hosting Master

Registerfly Used to be a reseller of ENOM, INC.
Its only in the last year or so that they have started using their own system.

Your domain appears to be on their old reseller system with enom.

If you contact http://www.enom.com/ and tell them that there reseller registerfly is not acting upon your request and not allowing you to transfer out they might be able to help since your domain is still in Enoms system from when they used to be a reseller.

Ive never done this before so I dont know if it will work.

Old

I do according to k3rnd and stu2's suggestions and decide to transfer the domain from RegisterFly to another registrar OnlineNIC, during the procedure, onlinenic sent me an email with a link I clicked it, it ask me to enter a auth/code, but I don't know the auth/code, so I entered RegisterFly account to search it everywhere, but I can't find an auth/code, so I contacted the support for an auth/code, the support told me that only when transfer a domain, I will receive an email with an auth/code included in it, but I never received any emails from RegisterFly or eNom telling me the auth/code. So I have to clicked the link without entering any auth/code, and now I have waitted for 2 days, the status in OnlineNIC account showing that :

2006-10-20 05:23:18 We have transferred the RRP and are waiting for the response from the registry

Anybody here knows if there is any mistakens during my operation? Thank you.

Best Regards,
lee

Old

no sounds like you are doing it right. i have the same issues when i try to transfer domains into registerfly. sometimes its very nerve wracking. support tickets get me no where and phone support is not always so helpful either

Old
Web Hosting Master

At registerfly the Authorization Code is in the bottom left corner of the Contact Info for any domain.

Old

To stu2,

there is no auth/code at the place you mentioned, but I had ever seen the auth/code there in another account. It is very strange domains in this account do not have auth/code. Now I do received an email from RegisterFly notifying me to approve or reject the transfer, I selected "Approve", hope everything would be well.

Thank you all.

Old
Junior Guru

I just checked one remaining .com i have at RF and there is no code there yet.
All the .orgs I had there had the code at the bottom of the registrant info page.

If you got the RF email and approved it, you should see the change in a whois lookup in a few hours.

Next week I find out if my customer still wants his domain (the one left at RF). He gets to move it and pay for the renewal before 3/07.

YOU MADE IT!!!

(from whois.sc)
Registry Data
ICANN Registrar: ONLINENIC, INC.
Created: 29-Nov-2005
Expires: 29-Nov-2007

-larry

Last edited by k3rnd; 10-22-2006 at 04:56 AM.
Old
Junior Guru

forgot to mention-
---------------------------
don't expect your info on RF to be correct ;-)
whois on RF will be wrong,
domain will still be in your acct.
and you will get renewal notices.
(none of this is important or needs fixed
- it will not affect your domain at your new registrar)
--------------------------
did you get your renewal money back?
they will return the money to your RF "account"
but you can submit a ticket -
"please refund my $xx.xx account credit balance to my credit card"

keep it very simple, they can only handle a few words at a time, and one problem at a time ;-)

it will take a few days, but they will get it done.

-larry

Old
Junior Guru

sorry, back again.

you might need to setup or update the dns at your new registrar and allow a few hours for that info to update. dnsreports shows the enom dns records and some of that stuff is reaching end of "Time To Live".

-l

Old
Web Hosting Master

You can just open a support ticket asking registerfly to delete the domains you have transferred away. They handle it pretty promptly in my experience (1 or 2 days).

Old
Junior Guru

I'm certainly not going to ask them to delete ANYTHING! I have enough trouble asking them to restore the one domain still with them, that keeps disappearing from my account ;-)

-larry

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I have been with registerfly for years... I have over 150 domains with them and I wont go into all my issues with them here, however I do have one pressing issue and would appreciate any help or advice.

For the last 6+ days any domains I have been trying to renew with them are failing (messages are cancelled transfers)....

OK, i know that transfer isnt renewal but thats just the stupid way its done now cause they are supposed to be their own regitry now.... except they dont seem to be able to renew anything.

Support have told me numerous times that "There is found to be issue with renewal interface at registry. Please submit renewal order after X hours" which I do with the same results....

multiple attempts at renewal are "cancelled" and when I contact support (and wait and wait) they assure me that they will renew them manually, but then I see the "cancelled transfer" note again.

As some of these domains expire in less than a week i am becoming frantic.

So, what do I do if the domain now has less than 5 days till renewal, and they keep screwing up renewals ?

Am looking at transfering everything to new registrar now, but cant afford to loose the doms that are about to expire...

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
UK Police Continue Crackdown on Pirated Content with Torrentz.eu Domain Name Suspension Web Hosting News 2014-05-26 12:30:38
This Company is Reminding You to Renew Your Domain, But It's Not Your Registrar Blog 2014-03-13 14:00:42
Network Solutions Shut Down Three Iranian Websites, Web.com Disclosure Says Web Hosting News 2013-08-06 12:56:08
Windows Azure SSL Slip-up Brings SSL Checker Tools Business Blog 2013-02-26 12:25:08
Go Daddy Blocks Whois Info on Expiring Domains, Protects Domain Auction Business Web Hosting News 2012-11-14 11:20:35