Arrow Law Firm Website

Client desires an ideology conveyed more than anything.
    Client’s objectives for the site:
    1. Ideology
    2. Ideology
    3. Ideology
    4. Generate Sales
    Client Quotes:
    “An attorney you can talk to 24/7” (Always reachable through office numbers, cell numbers, fax and email.)
    “Attorney for the people, for the community”
    “I want to run parallel with the community”
    “passion and understanding”
    “This is a family owned and operated business.”
    “Se habla espańol”
    Client doesn’t want his picture on the website.
    The hardest portion of this project is to convey the sincerity and client’s message through the design (and text as well as client doesn’t wish to have a mission statement).
    It is important that this site is easy to navigate with possibly buttons on the side, that link to the contact information.

Suggestions for design:
    Didn’t talk about stock images, but they may help in the design. My advice - be wise in the choice of any stock images used. Cheesy-ness or that corporate image is detrimental to the client’s request of an anti-corporate, friend of the people image.

---

Link to concept is available here: http://www.uploadright.com/show.php/...three.jpg.html

Any suggestions on design? Do you think it delivers in client's objective?

Quote Originally Posted by spikez202
    Client desires an ideology conveyed more than anything.
    Client’s objectives for the site:
    1. Ideology
    2. Ideology
    3. Ideology
    4. Generate Sales
    Client Quotes:
    “An attorney you can talk to 24/7” (Always reachable through office numbers, cell numbers, fax and email.)
    “Attorney for the people, for the community”
    “I want to run parallel with the community”
    “passion and understanding”
    “This is a family owned and operated business.”
    “Se habla espańol”
    Client doesn’t want his picture on the website.
    The hardest portion of this project is to convey the sincerity and client’s message through the design (and text as well as client doesn’t wish to have a mission statement).
    It is important that this site is easy to navigate with possibly buttons on the side, that link to the contact information.

Suggestions for design:
    Didn’t talk about stock images, but they may help in the design. My advice - be wise in the choice of any stock images used. Cheesy-ness or that corporate image is detrimental to the client’s request of an anti-corporate, friend of the people image.

---

Link to concept is available here: http://www.uploadright.com/show.php/...three.jpg.html

Any suggestions on design? Do you think it delivers in client's objective?
    No offence meant, but I think your design is pretty much similar to what you can get at any template store. However, this is only my opinion and I might be wrong.

I like this site, simple, descriptive and easy to follow:
    http://www.rospravo.com/

Wow! I wasn't in any of the client discussions, so this is only a casual observation, but it appears your client has his priorities WAY out of whack!

Let me try a new strategy out on you:

1. Generate Sales
    2. Retain customers (value-add functionality, Web-assisted communications, etc.)
    3. "What I'm going to do for you"
    4. "What I'm going to do for you"
    5. "What I'm going to do for you"
    6. "What I'm going to do for you"
    7. "What I'm going to do for you"
    8. "What I'm going to do for you"
    9. "What I'm going to do for you"
    10. Fluffy ideology crap no one cares about.

After your client gets his priorities straight, it's time to talk about design. Frankly, at a glance, I kind of like what you've created already. It does have a template-store feel to some extent, but it's simple, direct and I like how you make the most out of a couple images, as opposed to junking up the page. It mostly works for me. My only dislike is the lack of contrast. It feels like someone laid the site out in the sun and blanched it. Maybe the sidebar area and navigation need more color saturation? Something. But otherwise, it's very nice
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm
    Stuff
    Well, I have to say that I'm not one to create the client's objective. Then it'd be my objective.

Web presences are created for a variety of reasons, just to name a few: to create a brand, to complement existing marketing endeavors, to generate sales, to elucidate or present information.

My client is not a money hungry lawyer, but does have an agenda. He has a clear reason for wanting to create more of an ideaology than wanting to generate sales.

Anyways, here's an updated version: http://www.uploadright.com/show.php/...four2.jpg.html

Well, I have to say that I'm not one to create the client's objective. Then it'd be my objective.

Web presences are created for a variety of reasons, just to name a few: to create a brand, to complement existing marketing endeavors, to generate sales, to elucidate or present information.

My client is not a money hungry lawyer, but does have an agenda. He has a clear reason for wanting to create more of an ideaology than wanting to generate sales.
    Maybe. That's not my perspective as a Web developer. That's my perspective as a visitor and potential client. Obviously whatever the client wants, the client gets (unless there's an ethical dilemma involved, not a problem here). I just figured I'd give you the perspective of a visitor in case it meant anything to him.

I like this version much more! The colors pop off the page better than in the first version. I might even make the blues a little more intense, and I would consider a bit of imagery within the content itself, or a boxout you can use to separate out a piece of content at a time, if desired. But all in all, this is very nice work
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Sounds like you're giving the client too much say so. The designer should control the project, ALWAYS. Clients call us for help and input. Let them practice law while you practice web development. They will run you through hoops for weeks otherwise.