Speedysurf any recommendation

I am planning to try their dedicated server, but one of my friend told me he have trouble with them this last few days they don't even reply his tickets about his site being down for 3 days now....

Any idea how their customer service is?

I bet you mean surfspeedy?
    Try using this search feature here in the forum. Type co. name in and feedback will result:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?f=1
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Their control panel and ftp is too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by rsdn
    Their control panel and ftp is too slow.
    Are you their client?

Look just a few threads down in the forum here and you will see what others think of Surfspeedy

Surfspeedy is THE WORST HOST!!! They shut down my webpage because they said I was violating their TOS by having streaming wmv files on it. But in the TOS it says wmv files are allowed. Unbelieveable.

I experienced slow CP and FTP connections with SurfSpeedy as well as support that wasn't all that great. Sure they would resolve the issues but their responses were very formulated and not personable at all.

I ended up canceling my account with them for several reasons, one being that they did not meet the standard requirements needed to host Ubersmith. Only after the fact did they mention they could find away around it and could install it for me. By that time - I had already picked another host and submitted my refund request.

I also began to notice their support live chat becoming more and more unavailable which led to me to believe they were becoming short staffed - hardly any in house (if any) staff.

Well - I wouldn't rule them completely out as this was just my isolated experience with them, but I have heard plenty of great reviews about them. Talk with their sales department and make sure they can handle what you need and then try them out for a month. You can always get your money back if for some reason their service doesn't meet up to your standards.

Good luck!

I have a SurfSpeedy account 100Gb and when I use 200Mb they send me a message saying that the TOS only admit web pages and can not be use to hold other files.

I read the TOS and in an aditional page, they was corrct and they have reason, I answer the mail and ask if they have an aditional price or any other option, but my message was reject becasuse my account was deleted (and all my data deleted)
    I try to contact htem by chat, ticket, etc.... and nothing they delete all my data and keep. I make long distance call, but nobody accept the call.

I ask for the money back, but they delete my data and also keep my money

Please take away from them

Quote Originally Posted by trish75
    Are you their client?

Yes, I was their client only for few hours. I cancelled my account but they don't talk about refund. I feel they are not ordinary company, except one man show

Quote Originally Posted by Discoteca
    I have a SurfSpeedy account 100Gb and when I use 200Mb they send me a message saying that the TOS only admit web pages and can not be use to hold other files.

I read the TOS and in an aditional page, they was corrct and they have reason, I answer the mail and ask if they have an aditional price or any other option, but my message was reject becasuse my account was deleted (and all my data deleted)
    I try to contact htem by chat, ticket, etc.... and nothing they delete all my data and keep. I make long distance call, but nobody accept the call.

I ask for the money back, but they delete my data and also keep my money

Please take away from them
    From Surfspeedy's terms of service:

Violations of these or any other provisions of this Agreement may result in termination of the services provided by SurfSpeedy, with or without the grant of a notice or cure period, such notice or cure period to be granted at the sole discretion of SurfSpeedy based upon the severity of the violation.
    By using SurfSpeedy, Inc. (hereinafter SurfSpeedy) web hosting services, you agree to comply with our policies. You are expected to use the Internet with respect, courtesy, and responsibility, giving due regard to the rights of other Internet users. Our Terms and Conditions of Use policy is one of zero tolerance. We reserve the right to immediately discontinue services without liability, refund or continuance of any prepaid service fees.

around i listent that they works fine.. but are much strict.

Oh i get emails from hyperspin saying try surfspeedy, i dont know why they say so if they are so bad, but i suppose they are bad from looking at ^^^^ comments.

ldcdc

1. I you see the TOS of SurfSpeedy its OK, but that restriction is not in TOS (they have some link to that conditions (I cant use Ctrl F to search something).

2. I they give 100Gb is for use it, but if they limit.... it's a joke

3. They say that the disk space should be use as "web files".... I think that data that could be download is web data or FTP is not for web files ?

4. I also put the files as public files (without password)....but they didnt understand that as web files

5. I receive the mail and answer it 5 min after, I also contact support.... but it was to late

6. I pay some month in advance..... but they keep my money

7. I contact the company.... but nobody talk's with me !!!

Please take a big distance of SurfSpeedy !!!

1. I you see the TOS of SurfSpeedy its OK, but that restriction is not in TOS (they have some link to that conditions (I cant use Ctrl F to search something).
    That link is a way of hiding info from the people who just scan the TOS, I agree with that. The terms on that page remain as an integral part of the agrement though.

2. I they give 100Gb is for use it, but if they limit.... it's a joke
    Chances are more and more hosts will begin to add such limits. When you want 100 GB Space for <$10, you should be really careful and make sure you know exactly what you'll get.

6. I pay some month in advance..... but they keep my money
    You agreed they could do so when you signed up for their services.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm don't like what happened to you, but, in the end, all you can do is learn a lesson (expensive as it may be): read the TOS.

Thanks Discoteca for your honest review... I was just looking at their latest promotion which is tempting, but after reading your review I am staying far away... and let me say thumbs down for LDCDC for once again being 100% on the side of the hosting provider... which is understandable if you work / own a forum that makes money off the hosting companies, not the buyers.

Thanks Discoteca once again, your posts on this thread are very helpful.

What part of ldcdc appraisal do you find biased? Seems fair to me.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.