Thread: Will this work?

Will this work?

Well.. I have a really good friend (host) who is ready to give me a reseller plan on a Plesk Admin server for free. I'm getting 500mb and 5gigs of transfer.

Now the thing is what would be the most ideal plan for this sorta situation. I have a domain and stuff but what is the thing that pulls clients the most and what puts them off. Any guys here have tips to start off well?

Thanks.

Well, we tend to find good support with attractive pricing always works wonders with our clients. If you can provide this, then word of mouth is a very cheap and effective way of advertising.

Well, the good news is you received 5 GIG for free.....the bad news is that you only received 5 GIG for free You may have problems offering clients the bandwidth they need.

Thanks for replying man.

The bandwidth won't be a problem. If they need more I'll give it to them. This fellow doesn't mind giving me more resources. He said get 20 customers and you're out of here. Which means when I get about 20 clients I'll buy my own server or another better reseller.

What would you call good support? Response withing how many hours.

I mean good, average and bad. What the timings you guys would say for this are.

Also does this look good for a plan:

Smallest one:
    Space: 100 mb
    Transfer: 1gb
    Emails: 20
    Aliases: unlim
    Forwarders: unlim
    Responders: unlim
    Subdomains: unlim
    MySQL DBs: 1
    Price: $4/month

The rest of the 2 plans will be multiples of this one.

All this with PHP4, Perl5, Mailing Lists, Support, WebStats and all the rest Plesk offers.

Plans sound fine. I wish you the best of luck. Just make sure the server isn't too full of other accounts to keep your clients happy. That's been my major problem with reseller accounts.

Thanks fellows. If you have anymore suggestion about how this can be improved tell me.

SIDE NOTE: Moderator, this ain't a ad. It was regarding whether it will work. I'm not advertising. But anyway if you still think it fits in Rerlated offers forum and not Reseller, fare enough.

What would you call good support? Response withing how many hours.
    I would say as soon as possible really. With in the hour would be classed as good. I know a host who would take days to reply to a simple enquiry!!!! Not good. As for your plans, they seem ok. You are in a good position to start if you are getting the package for free. This will help you build up your clients at no cost to yourself and hopefully, you can move to a bigger/ different resellers plan or eventually a dedicated server.

Good luck