Question Need to a Merchant account that will work for the Middle East

Hi All,
    I'm planning on setting up an online real estate business in Dubai. I need a merchant account that will accept credit card payments from regional neighbours such as Egypt, Lebanon, Kuwait etc. But also i would like to be able to accept payments from so-called high risk countries such as Syria and Iran (although i dont think Iran even uses credit cards to begin with). Can anyone make recommendations?, taking into account this is a start up business.
    Thankyou in advance.
    WN

Actually, Iran and Syria are not so important. But I would like to get an idea of whats out there.

There is no restrictions on what countries you can accept cards from.

Usually merchants decide not to accept cards from high-risk countries, but its their own decision, not a requirement.
    High Quality Web Hosting from Host Ultra
    Visit us online at www.hostultra.com

ok thanks, but is there a merchant account you can recommend?. One hopefully that has low start up fees, easy to implement and hopefully has little controversy surrounding its service.

oh i've the same problem, i didn't find any solution to accept payments through my website
    i'm from egypt not dubai, also i've signed up with ccnow and they suspended me after 1 hour after i paid setup fee and got one order ... they all gone of course .
    the reason was they are not supported to pay intangible things !
    so what can i do also the most of my members are outside the middle east also?

who can give the merchant company with easiest to apply!

i need for my high risk business

tq

Haitham what intangible things did they mean by?, do they mean services?. Anyway,this is strange, there must be a merchant account that is well suited for the Middle East. This is 2006 after all guys.

intangible things they mean any thing can't be shipping (hosting - memerships etc)

Well there are merchant services companies in the US that you can use to sell these things very easily. The charges however are very very hefty and that adds to your cost and pricing offcourse not giving you a competitive edge.

I have tried several of them and since Dubai is a place where banking id quite easy you can have anything if you are willing to pay the right price.
    [URL=http://www.ekhwan.com/]Ekhwan Web Solutions - Brotherhood Beyond Boundries.
    Affordable online solutions and applications for your business.

ok, so i assume dubai is not the ideal place for the start up online business?

so what is the solution guys ?
    also the strange thing that all my visitors that i need payments for them almost located in US/Europe non - egypt , middle east ..

webnomad .. did you find anything ?

nope, havnt found much. I thought I could get help on this fourm, didn't know I asked a complicated question.

It is not complicated question. But answer is complicated.
    Maybe the best solution is to open offshore company.

Well I'm actually living in Australia. Should I open the account here?

webnomad
    i think there's many process at au ... its easy for you i was thinking you have the same problems like i've
    any way give me your email or msn if you wish.

You could get a merchant account in Israel (altho cards from Iran may not work) or Europe.

did u find the solution for merchant account for middle east, i am also looking for it in saudi arabia and i want to put it in my International conference registration fee. if u find the solution please let us know.
    thanks

For Asia there are different solutions:

AsiaPay
    CCAvenue

Try contacting them, they should be able to set something up for you.
    Expect higher rates between 5%-10% per transaction.

Did you also try 2CheckOut or MultiCards?

2Checkout should fit you.
    They accept payments from all countries except from Iran, suriya and 3 or 4 other countries which are under embargo from US.
    About Iran, don't worry, there is no Visa/Master or such card here. you can use E-Gold which is very popular in Iran.
    DWS (Desktop Whois System), an easy to use desktop application to whois domains in many TLDs...

IR5.Net Europe Shared Hosting, Reseller accounts and VPS Provider...

Quote Originally Posted by Miklo View Post
    For Asia there are different solutions:

AsiaPay
    CCAvenue

Try contacting them, they should be able to set something up for you.
    Expect higher rates between 5%-10% per transaction.

Did you also try 2CheckOut or MultiCards?

Please be careful with *******.biz, they owe us USD 400,000.00 and no sign of getting any of it back. We had hardly any chargebacks so that was not the reason.

@dedidude
    With such an amount owed why you don't make any lawsuit against *******?

I heard ******* owe several partner payment gateways and lots of merchants money !

I-P-A-Y-D-N-A IS A WELL KNOWN SCAM

Quote Originally Posted by fionix View Post
    @dedidude
    With such an amount owed why you don't make any lawsuit against *******?
    Because I-pay-dna is a criminal organization shipping controlled substances and gambling in US, if he agreed in processing he might be scared of moving forward, check it out *******.biz, they are well known, and they always cheat and scam their merchants, one of my clients gave me this, if you want anyone can have a lawsuit or reported to FDA, DEA and FBI, they are a scam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails *******reported.JPG  

i assume dubai is best place for online business?