mosso down again

I decided to give mosso the benefit of the doubt and a month's trial (or so).

It's been down so far today for over an hour. The ENTIRE mosso web, including their own pages.

Anyone got any idea whats going on???

Thread moved to Providers and Network Outages and Updates.

PS. Mosso is indeed down for me (Romania).

Looks to be up now but its 1:20 CST time now.

any idea what happened?

Apparently a massive DDos. They said it caused 1000x spike in connections. Most of the time it was up, just very degraded. Sounds like Rackspace anti-Ddos was instituted and took care of it.

This is the first issue I have seen in a long while since I have been with them.

Everything been stable since they announced it had been mitigated this morning.

So because it uses a cluster a DDoS on another site could affect the entire network correct? Or are they able to isolate a problem and not let it affect other customers?

Not sure. I will post the formal response we get. They seemed to indicate that it was abnormally distributed which made it hard to isolate.

Any word on the formal response?

Quote Originally Posted by vcore34
    So because it uses a cluster a DDoS on another site could affect the entire network correct? Or are they able to isolate a problem and not let it affect other customers?
    That isn't because it uses a cluster. No matter what you use, a massive DDOS can saturate your pipes. The solution? Fatter pipes and routers that can handle it But even then the server will be overworked with requests.