Question mailwatch => PHP error messages

hello people,

I installed mailwatch.It is an addon to mailscannerNow when i try to view email message details in mailwatch interface i get this error

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20061018/1Ga9ac-0000b3-GG (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /pathl/to/mailscanner/functions.php on line 2123
    Can't get stat of '/web/root/mailscanner/temp/GeoIPCountryWhois.csv' (Errcode: 13)
    Error executing Query

LOAD DATA INFILE '/path/to/webroot/mailscanner/temp/GeoIPCountryWhois.csv' INTO TABLE geoip_country FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' ENCLOSED BY '"';
    This must be a permissions related issue because this errorcode 13 means "permissions denied" (perror 13 command)

I have found some possible solutions while doing a google search but they involved running the "chown-R" and the last time i did that i had to mail my datacenter to reload my server so i'm kinda scared to screw up here.Any advice resolving this issue would be appriciated

thank you

change the permission to 777 to test

Quote Originally Posted by activelobby4u
    change the permission to 777 to test
    yes i chmodded the quarantine dir to 777 the permissions message is gone.But i wonder isn't dangeraus having that directory writable ? thanks for helping