Thread: Zend Op install

Zend Op install

Needing some help in determining next step after installing Zend Optimizer for a dedicated server. When trying to view the actual website after the install, it just hangs. I did see other versions of what I was going through but I thought I should present my issue.
    1. I first ./installed ZO ver:ZendOptimizer-3.0.1-linux-glibc21-i386
    2. When finished with the install it gave me the following:
    The following configuration changes have been made: │
    │ │
    │ - The php.ini file has been relocated from /etc to /usr/local/Zend/etc │
    │ │
    │ - A symbolic link for the php.ini file has been created in /etc. │
    │ │
    │ - The original php.ini was backed up to │
    │ /etc/php.ini-zend_optimizer.bak

How do i redo this so that the php.ini file is back to its original location?
    This dedicated does have plesk so the moving of the php.ini file will not allow the site to show up, it just hangs.
    This is a full dedicated setup with a Plesk on D.Xeon 3.0 1GB 1X80/Linux
    I also know that I would need to reverse the process so that php.ini file is back in the /etc directory.

Any advice would be great.

Why do you want to undo this move~? The simlink will take care of any calls for the php.ini that take place after the install.

I've never installed Zend Optimizer on a Linux box (which I find odd now that I think about it) so I couldn't tell you how much would be involved in rewriting the code to look for the php.ini in /etc instead of /usr/local/Zend/etc. I don't imagine that it would be a very quick task, though.
    Bill - Support Analyst - Liveblock Auctions International
    http://www.LiveGlobalBid.com

I understand about the simlink thats connected, what I would like to have is ZO to be installed and have the site come up. Before installing, the application was asking that ZO be installed in order for the application to function.

When you run the Web application that requires Zend Optimizer, do you get an error message~? Do you have a URL that you'd feel comfortable sharing so that I could have a look~? If not, that's understandable.
    Bill - Support Analyst - Liveblock Auctions International
    http://www.LiveGlobalBid.com