* Established Forum Host for Sale: 7,241 forums - 79,083 members - 1,240,226 posts! BIN

I started this free forum host, phpBBStar.com, myself on July 6, 2004. I advertised on AdWords for a short time. For the past several months I have done no paid advertising. Most traffic comes from search engines and repeat visitors.

Webalizer stats

Awstats

AdSense revenue in September was $58.07 with just one leaderboard in the footer of forums and no attempt at optimization. We've had some downtime every now and then due to server overload, but this was fixed a couple days ago with an upgrade to 2 GB RAM.

Currently hosted on an a2b2 fully managed dedicated server with CPanel for $320/month. Domain registered with GoDaddy thru 2008-01-01. Sebflipper script with lots of modifications.

I am selling this website because I am an engineering student at the University of Southern California and thus have no time to run it by myself. I also don't have time to manage it to its full potential, though many people in the past have volunteered to help.

It works very well when combined with other sites. Last year, I put my "free iPods" referral link in the footer and got all the necessary referrals within a couple months, and got my free iPod. That's a $300 value.

With enough time, I know that I could easily earn $500+/month with this site (I already do this with my Invision Power Board hosting site). By selling web hosting on the side, you could make $1,000+. Using a CPA network with the extra traffic, you could make even more.

PageRank 5 homepage, many internal pages are PR4. Currently 82,700 pages indexed in Google.

Minimum offer $300. $8,000 BIN.

All offers will be considered.
    Adventures in Parenting.org - Are you a parent? Listen to the free podcast and sign up for the newsletter!

$300 here.
    Jon Black

How long will this sale go on?
    Intrested in taking your webhosting business to new highs? Then smokyhosts.com is where you should be.

I reserve the right to end the auction early if I receive an acceptable offer. webstars, let's make the last day October 24: one week from now. Again, it may end sooner if someone makes an offer I like. Thanks!
    Adventures in Parenting.org - Are you a parent? Listen to the free podcast and sign up for the newsletter!

I will bid $400

Is it possible to move the site to another server?

Yes, it's possible, but I don't think it'll be easy: it has a special configuration for the subdomains (custom .htaccess, DNS, and a line in httpd.conf). But if you can do it, then-- by all means, feel free. I can't provide extra support with the move, though, so don't plan on it unless you have experience with this sort of thing.

425Paypal.

Asking: $4,000.

Thanks!

$500 Bid Here.
    Building a Forum? - Read the Blog! Forum Trends

$550 PM me please.
    Old School WHT'er
    Hosting Since 1999

$600 bid.
    Jon Black

I can offer you 650

i'm interested, but i'd like to clarify. I see the top three most active forum got all spammed message.. like millions of them, it shows that those forums are dead. probably the owner left??? Could you clarify this? Thanks.

Yes, the owners have probably left. There are lots of spam forums and posts. However, there are also lots of real ones. If I were to guess the proportion of real, active forums there are, I'd say it's somewhere around 50%.

Looking for a quick sale, so I'm lowering the BIN to $4,000 and asking $2,000. I'm removing spam forums now, so I can get you some updated numbers shortly.

I can also include the phpbbstar Gmail account. By the way, we get approximately 8 new forums per day. I also have a helpdesk system in place so people can report abuse.

I removed all the spam forums I could find from the top 15. There are now 474,423 total posts. My new guess at the number of spam forums is 70%. I've also read about many people earning a lot of money by redirecting spam traffic to related CPA programs, so that may be useful to you.

Google is currently reporting 83,800 indexed pages for the domain phpbbstar.com. Remember, this is also a PR5 site, so it's an amazing bargain at the $4,000 BIN.

Did you sell this yet? $700

hi sizzly,

if you can email me at admin[at]hostpitality.net, we might close and transact immediately. Thanks. I can't seem to pm you yet. Says no authorization.

Paul

Is this auction over now?

Quote Originally Posted by hostpitality View Post
    Is this auction over now?
    After almost a year I would expect so
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules