VB or IPB - pro's / con's please

I am sure this topic has been probed to the max but I wanted to get some feedback and reviews from people that currently use VBulletin or Invision Power Board as I am going to be in the market soon once my VB expires.

From the outside - they both appear to quite similar and my demand would be only for my hosted clients. I did notice the cost of IPB is a bit cheaper on the yearly lic. But what is ~$20 less if it's second to VB. This is what I want to figure out.

*NOTE*
    This is only for VB and IPB - I would appreciate it if you please do not post comments about PHPBB, SMS, Vanilla or any other board.

EDIT:::HOLY CRAP! I posted this in WRONG FORUM - can a mod move this to the right place. POOP!

I should be writing a report on why you should use SMF right now, but i'll respect your note and keep my opinions to myself

As you could guess, this really does come down to personal choice. My own choice would be VB everytime, simply because it's by far the most common forum. Most of your users would have used the VB interface, so you won't end up forcing them to re-learn certain features (unless you heavily skin/mod it). IPB seems to be a bit bloated and may overall run slower (probably nothing noticable though). Personally, I think VB screams out professionalism, I can't explain why, it just does.

To be honest, I doubt many of your clients really care what you use.

vBulletin all the way. Everything you can do in vBulletin can pretty much be accomplished in IPB but it usually takes about 6 extra steps to get anything done. vBulletins template system is about 100 times easier to use then IPBs, and vBulletins offical support if you should ever need it is about 4 light years ahead of IPB in terms of response times, knowledge of their own product and alot of other aspects.

AHh - so the skin system in IPB is not up to par to what VB offers? That is a key feature I was looking into. Thanks NTFU2. Any others?

Okay - I will let SMF opinions in if you want to defend it.

ipb is bestas i use it more than vb

I think that all in all, VB offers more flexibility to the user and as stated before the theming on it IMHO is way more better. However, I haven't used IPB is quite sometime now, but its a bland board, I doubt its changed much.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Thanks HF for the comments. I tried giving you a PM not long ago but wasn't able to. Do you have it disabled?

(this is off topic I know)

Yeah for the time being, if you got AIM, shoot me a message FrogNocLive.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>