Starting Social Network W/Streaming Video

I am in the process of having a social network site such as myspace with the ability to stream live video built. I know we are going with the Helix Server and the site is being built using PHP with Mysql.

Does anyone have experience setting up a website this complex? Will I need a dedicated hosting plan? Will I require multiple servers due to the demanding Helix Video Server?

I would suspect that in the begining user load will be quite lite. But after a few months we will bring more live video streams online and our user base will grow. If anybody can point me in the right direction it would greatly be appreciated. There seems to be a million hosting companies but I need the ability to grow instantly. I would preferr fiber be run to that building. I just can't find anyone using Google who fits my requirements, they all look so generic.

Thank you

I am not sure how the setup of Helix works but my guess would be you would need to have helix running on it's own seperate server and then I would start off with a dedicated box for the site because of the video files possibly being large. The other option is a VPS until you reach that growth and then migrate over to a dedicated box. Most importantly is staying within your budget and growing as your site's demand grows. I would hate to see you get an impressive setup at start and then within a month or so have to fold up because you over shot your expenses.

If you worried about uptime at all - have a look at - though you will pay more for their network.

Good luck and have fun.