What I'm looking for...

Win 2k3 (I already have my own license)
    2000+ gig/mo transfer
    400+gig storage
    Full root access to the machine.

The sitation is this, I already have a colocated machine. The machine is getting a bit old and tired and I'm considering going to a dedicated server to help minimize some of the headaches of a colocated machine.

Since I'm used to a colocated machine, I want the same type of control/access over the machine. I want to install whatever I want, whenever I want. I'll run my own DNS, web, mail, etc...

I don't want anything preinstalled but the OS and a way for me to remote into it.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what company can provide this for me?

Given the amount of control you want, I would recommend something with IPMI/DRAC. If you have the KVM-IP console, you can even do your own installs and never have to involve the DC for console support (excepting, of course, when you have a hardware failure)

Most datacenters offer this option.

caronet, thanks for the reply. I've never had to deal with dedicated servers before, only colocated so this is new to me. I know what the KVM is, but I haven't heard of IPMI/DRAC, I'll look it up.

Thanks again!

A ton of providers use Dell equipment and Dell's DRAC.

A quick google of "Dell DRAC Overview" will give you several sites (within and outside Dell) that have a lot of information.

On Dell's site, you can log into a live demo to see the technology.

Related Posts from theWHIR.com