Question Making the call on H-Sphere

I am looking at getting the H-Sphere control panel. However, I need some input on user experience and even company owners. How did your customers react to the panel, is it buggy? What about user-friendly, in other words is it easy to use for someone who has NEVER used a control panel or never had a website online for that matter. We have worked with cPanel and Plesk and love both the control panels, however, I want to implement a little more selection on control panel and have seen H-Sphere.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I have used Hpshere for the past few years and I love it. If you have never used any cp before, I would imagine it would be as easy to learn as any other cp. Most of my clients who changed from other hosts to me, loved how easy it is to use. Hsphere is much more than just a CP from a hosts perspective. It is a total solution including billing, and a helpdesk. It does take a little while to learn it from an admin point of view, but the benefits are well worth it.

Question though, the billing feature of the panel, does that HAVE to be used? As we use a different billing solution. Also the helpdesk, as we use Kayako. Are these features that can be disabled?

Well, the billing system is fully integrated and I dont think it can be switched off. The helpdesk can be changed with an addon from hspheretemplates. They also make a few other addons that I have gotten so used to, I dont know what I would do with out them.

Quote Originally Posted by HostFrog
    Question though, the billing feature of the panel, does that HAVE to be used? As we use a different billing solution. Also the helpdesk, as we use Kayako. Are these features that can be disabled?
    The question is not whether you want to disable them. But rather, why would you want to disable them.

Regarding billing, how would you charge your customer for extra domains, extra traffic and disk space over the quota, SSL installation, and so on? Avoid any additional/un-necessary complication, HSphere does this for you behind the scene.

Regarding helpdesk, why should it be separated from HSphere? You can have your clients open a ticket from the control panel. And from your end, you will know exactly which account the client has. And with a click of a button, you can directly login to the client Control Panel. I was told that HSphere version 3.0 has a much better ticket integration, though for what we use, it's been quite good. So really, I don't know how much better it can be. We also use Kayako, but it has become our secondary/backup ticket system.

IMHO, a good control panel should really include good billing and ticketing system. Why should you required to install third party applications?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

I love Hsphere, users love it once they try it... it is a little harder to market I think since CPanel is so popular, Anyone disagrees?
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet

I was told that HSphere version 3.0 has a much better ticket integration
    I am quite interested in H-Sphere 3.0 myself but haven't been able to find any specs or similiar what's going to be new/upgraded etc. Don't suppose anyone knows where I might be able to find some information on it?

Quote Originally Posted by FHDave
    The question is not whether you want to disable them. But rather, why would you want to disable them.

Regarding billing, how would you charge your customer for extra domains, extra traffic and disk space over the quota, SSL installation, and so on? Avoid any additional/un-necessary complication, HSphere does this for you behind the scene.

Regarding helpdesk, why should it be separated from HSphere? You can have your clients open a ticket from the control panel. And from your end, you will know exactly which account the client has. And with a click of a button, you can directly login to the client Control Panel. I was told that HSphere version 3.0 has a much better ticket integration, though for what we use, it's been quite good. So really, I don't know how much better it can be. We also use Kayako, but it has become our secondary/backup ticket system.

IMHO, a good control panel should really include good billing and ticketing system. Why should you required to install third party applications?
    Great information. Basically what I want to know is, for cPanel and Plesk hosting customers could they run on ModernBill and the H-Sphere customers could run on the internal billing system? Also what gateways are available, is there a list?

I think ModernBill v5 supports H-Sphere... I have tried personally, but you can try it yourself.

Wow, thats pretty cool. Well I think I have made the choice to go ahead and show this the findings to the others and hopefully, come out with a new product for customers to elect to use. Thanks for all your responses.

Quote Originally Posted by carlgm
    I am quite interested in H-Sphere 3.0 myself but haven't been able to find any specs or similiar what's going to be new/upgraded etc. Don't suppose anyone knows where I might be able to find some information on it?
    If I remember correctly hsphere 2.5.1 will be renamed 3.0 once it is released, so if you see something for 2.5.1 that is 3.0. There are a lot of great features new and updated (ticket system) that are coming down the pipe it will only make hsphere a better CP.

Well look at that, thats new since this morning.

Indeed, it's a pitty there doesn't seem to be any public plans for support for apache 2.2. Don't suppose anyone knows anything about that?

Yup, 3.0 RC 1 out this morning.
    HostFrog, as far as ease of use for someone that's never used a control panel before I would say it's probably just like getting used to any cp. It is easy to use with a small learning curve and as others have said for administrative purposes, I wouldn't want to use anything else.
    I'm sure you've already been through this, but just in case PSoft has a demo if you'd like to try it out. http://www.psoft.net/h_sphere_demo_page.html Best of luck, let us know how you like it! I'm sure you'll be another H-Sphere fan!
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

Ok, we have ordered H-Sphere and will be letting you all know how we like it, but most of all how our customers respond Thank you all once again for your responses.

Greetings:

We've been using H-Sphere for several years now after having spent years on various other "just another contorl panel systems."

The level of automation is awesome; and while it is helpful to use H-Sphere's billing system, you do not have to use it.

Also, please keep in mind the RC in RC 1 stands for release candidate. This means just out of BETA, but not yet stable.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

H-Sphere is perfect, which regular upgrades. H-Sphere for me is easy to use, and it actually looks good. I've usedother control panels such as CPanel, but straight away I knew what the limitations of CPanel were.

H-Sphere does everything that I need it to. I have tried out over 5 different Control Panels, well over 5, and H-Sphere is the best.

H-Sphere is also compatible with controling a VPS environment, when other Control Panels can't. Choose H-Sphere from Potisive Software...