Gallaudet University Protest

Have you heard about this amazing protest going on since ? It made me proud to be part of it and I give them all of my support! URL is at:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/10...et.protest.ap/

I would like one each of you to make a donation to support the people who need tendts, food, clothing, coffees, etc so they can contiune their protest. To make dontations, you can send paypal to [email protected] and we will forward to the FSSA group in D.C. and we will make sure your listed on the donations page.

We want to be fair, we want a deaf president for the deaf college in D.C. not a hearing president. We have the rights!

I will be much appericated if you can show support for the deaf community!

Why I am doing this? becuase I am deaf and I understand how the students at Gallaudet feels, 100% completly!

Thank you.
    Regards,
    Joseph
    > UNIXIELHOST | Affordable Web Hosting
    > cPanel/WHM & Fantastico
    > http://www.unixielhost.net

Those opposed to Fernandes' presidency say she isn't open to different points of view and that the selection process did not reflect the student body's diversity.
    lol? howabout not. they're out there making fools of themselves and getting arrested for the above reason? sorry, i can't fathom such a thing. you don't like the president? don't go to school there. simple solution, folks.

I would like one each of you to make a donation to support the people who need tendts, food, clothing, coffees, etc so they can contiune their protest.
    i'm not going to support a cause for people who are blatantly violating laws over something so utterly silly.
    Last edited by avythe; 10-16-2006 at 06:47 PM.

I, too think that this is a silly protest.
    Angry because the new president is "Not Deaf Enough" and "Didn't learn sign language until 23"? Would they be happier if they got a president who learned sign language at 21?
    --

Count me out! I feel they shd be exhausting all legal venues rather than flouting the laws.

We want to be fair, we want a deaf president for the deaf college in D.C. not a hearing president. We have the rights!

To me this is discrimination against a hearing president. This is not fair IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by boonchuan
    Count me out! I feel they shd be exhausting all legal venues rather than flouting the laws.

To me this is discrimination against a hearing president. This is not fair IMHO.
    Dont forget that Gallaudett is a deaf owned college only in the world, we fought for a deaf president way back in 1988 as DPN as Deaf President Now and we won the battle and we got a deaf president, now this a crappy hearing president? I dont approve it, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by MStar
    I, too think that this is a silly protest.
    Angry because the new president is "Not Deaf Enough" and "Didn't learn sign language until 23"? Would they be happier if they got a president who learned sign language at 21?
    All I can say if you are deaf and attend school there, you will understand what is it like.

How does being deaf affect the ability to govern a school?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryc3
    How does being deaf affect the ability to govern a school?
    Being deaf to govern a school will give them equal understanding what deaf people really need becuase in the past hearing president never understand and not give enough what deaf people needs.

Ah...The person is deaf enough because the person also lack the ability to hear. There was no need to close down the university. There was no need for a protest.

Quote Originally Posted by indiaberry
    Ah...The person is deaf enough because the person also lack the ability to hear. There was no need to close down the university. There was no need for a protest.
    They need to close down to show that we dont need hearing president. We currently have a deaf president but hes retiring in Jan and replace to this idiot hearing president that doesnt know deaf culture. I think NOT!

I support the protest!

I support the protest!
    Great, but since we can't even remotely relate perhaps you'd be better off advertising this elsewhere.

Seems like, as boonchuan said, discrimination against people who can hear.

Now and we won the battle and we got a deaf president, now this a crappy hearing president? I dont approve it, sorry.
    So now presidents who can hear are crappy?

I agree with the discrimination against people who can hear. A person who can hear can do just as much as a person who cannot, and vice versa.
    He arose!

Quote Originally Posted by josephp
    We currently have a deaf president but hes retiring in Jan and replace to this idiot hearing president that doesnt know deaf culture. I think NOT!

I support the protest!
    Just because your deaf, doesn't mean you have to be stupid as well as misdirected uninformed fanatical.

Does "deaf culture" include disrespect to people who are not deaf, and abusive behave towards such people? If so, you really do need a better education than your currently receiving and should the new President have such credentials it may be a good idea to consider her on those credentials rather than having the same disability as you may have.