I'm starting a service that allows users to remotely connect to our server and tunnel their entire internet connection through us in order to get around blocks on their internet connection at school / work / or put in by their isp. This is going to require a lot of bandwidth, and I don't mind paying for it.

However, there are a couple inevitable problems with this kind of setup, and I need to find hosts that are willing to work with me on these issues. First of all, for each simultaneous connected user, I need an ip address. This means that I will start off needing a /24 and quickly need more than that if and when demand increases.

The bigger problem is that giving users complete internet access through my servers, some of them will do things that are against the law. It is inevitable. I currently run some proxies that get 200,000 unique visitors daily. By and large, these users do legal things and there are no problems.

However, for any service used by millions of people, there are bound to be issues. From time to time, I have been contacted by law enforcement for various issues relating to illegal things that have been done by users of my service, mostly for sending threatening or nasty emails. None of these issues have turned into any kind of large problem and I have talked with the relevant authorities and come to a good conclusion in each case.

I need a service provider that will allow me to operate as long as I abide relevant laws. I'm aware of the legal standards, liabilities, and liability protections that an ISP operates under, and plan to abide those, but I cannot be under a provider that requires me to 100% guarantee the actions of my users.

For my vpn service I have 4 basic needs then:

1) ample ip addresses (and more added quickly when needed)

2) understanding of the types of abuse issues that may come up, and a willingness to allow me to deal with them appropriately. I will want to talk to someone high up in the company to come to an understanding here before signing on with anyone.

3) good quality and quantity of bandwidth (cogent is fine, but highly oversubscribed is not)

4) reasonable cost . I'm looking to get bandwidth in the neighborhood of $10 / meg for 100+ meg.

If you or someone you know meets these needs, please let me know. There are other things I'm looking for but these are the main points I need to use to narrow down my options.

Thank you for your time.