Posting personal information

Is anyone aware of any restrictions of posting personal information about a 3rd party on a website without permission?

I have received a complaint about a customer that posted a 3rd Parties information on his website that he is having a dispute against. Obviously the 3rd party wants it removed as he claims it was posted without permission. However, I am not aware of anything that would restrict my customer from doing so or what cause I would have to ask the customer to take it down.
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

Maybe this will answer your question?

http://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/a...articleid=1567
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I don't think that really gets at what I am looking for. It really seems to focus more on posting your own information, not the liability of posting other's information....unless I missed it.

Then there was the case of a young woman in Seoul who was on a subway train with her pet dog when the animal relieved itself on the floor. The woman did not clean up the mess, angering other riders, and the woman herself reportedly became surly as tensions escalated. Using a camera phone -- at 99%, South Korea has the highest camera-phone penetration in the world -- a passenger snapped a picture of the woman and the mess her dog had created. The photo, along with language describing what had happened, was posted online and eventually appeared on many sites. Some viewers were able to identify the woman, who became such a pariah that she dropped out of college and went into hiding.

Mostly the article is about posting others information on the web. It is against the law without permission.

Apparently you have a different read of the article. Let me also qualify, this is in relation to US websites and personal contact information....not photos of dog poo in Sourh Korea.

I know what you mean, but I am just telling you what I know, and what I get from the article. Posting personal information on the World Wide Web without permission is illegal. Advise, take it or leave it. Good luck.