Question about dedicated hosting

I'm a beginner in the web hosting and I have a genaral question about how setting up dedicated servers:

Our website's users are designed to be located in US and Europe, and to reduce client access delay we plan to initially setup two servers (one in US and one in Europe) both dedicated. Is there a way to setup this so both US and European users can use the same URL but the US user will be directed to the dedicated server in US and the ones in Europe will be directed to the server in Europe?

Another question I have is assuming if I just setup only one server for them to log on initially and then redirect the user to the regional server afterwards after they log in, how can this be achieved?

What's the best way to go about doing this? Is it possible to do this with 2 different dedicated hosting companies or must I use one hosting company for both server?

You could setup a main page with 2 links on it

For example:

U.S users click here...........................UK users Click here

But i'm not sure thats what your wanting.

YOu want it so that the server automatically sees which region the user is coming from and re-directs them to the appropriate server dependent upon their ip?

there is no problem at all, with a simple script you can redirect to different servers

Yes the user should be redirected without any action on their part.

However I'm not sure if they should be redirected by their IP, I think as long as they can be redirected to the server with shorter delay then it is good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by cheyenne1212
    You could setup a main page with 2 links on it

For example:

U.S users click here...........................UK users Click here

But i'm not sure thats what your wanting.

YOu want it so that the server automatically sees which region the user is coming from and re-directs them to the appropriate server dependent upon their ip?