Xen VPS Image Transfers - Are you hosters up to it?

Do any of you Xen VPS hosting providers provider for the transfer of an existing image to your system?

From what I know it should be fairly simple. The images are based on a xen 2.6.16 kernel and from what I understand they should be executable on virtually any system.

I also understand that if the hardware uses paravirtualized Xen systems, there should be no problem at all.

Any takers?

I would imagine you could do it yourself on any Xen host. If you order the same base spec, rsync over the data excluding things like the network config then booting it then it should work

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Providing I understand you correctly, you should be able to do this with most Xen VPS providers. Make an image of your existing VPS at a different provider, and, give it to the new provider. They might need to resize the image, depending on if the specs at the new provider are different. I've done this a few times, and, its worked like a charm.
    Nick Devito
    Atarack Communications, Inc - Xen-based VPS Services

Rus,

How much space for server backups do your HyperVM systems have?

Is it always at the customers control?

Is it possible to upload compressed images from outside into HyperVM and restore them into the VPS?

What is the base kernel on them?

Quote Originally Posted by a2b2
    I would imagine you could do it yourself on any Xen host. If you order the same base spec, rsync over the data excluding things like the network config then booting it then it should work

Rus