Re-designed our site M6.net

Hello everyone,

Recently we have re-designed our website http://www.m6.net and would like to get some feedback and comments on it. We are looking for more qualitative comments then comments on design itself (which color and fonts) such as

What message you get when you view our site.
    Is it easy to navigate and find the link/information you may be looking for etc.
    Any information you find missing or not necessary (specially on main page)

thanks
    Sanjay Sharma
    M6.Net - Multi-sites hosting account on Windows 2003
    ASP.Net, PHP, SQL 2000, MySQL, MS Access, FrontPage
    Prompt and Professional support - Need anything else?

First impression was a lot of information on the homepage.

I'll look at it more and post a more in-depth review.
    "Last year, some resourceful software enthusiasts cracked Sony Music's proprietary technology simply by scribbling around the edges of the disc with a Magic Marker pen, thus enabling playback on any device." - news.com

hi there,
    to me the site looked a little cluttered.......

put all the details on your hosting plan pages, for example: I wanted to know if plans come with ASP.....I didnt read the intro paragraph on the home page, and I couldnt find that info anywhere else.........

The font under special offers was a little small, as was the font to the left of the accounts on the home page

cheers
    --

Too much bunged up together, space it out more!

Basicaly if you had some more white space and spared some room it would look fine.

I also noticed to the left, the text was particularly small, may I suggest you make it slightly bigger or do something to enlarge it whatever you decide to do on the layout.

Make your deals/packages more clearer and spaced out, along with adding more information to them.

First of all, learn CSS! -> http://thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/css/

You will be beter off and have a more pleasant life.

Some remarks:
    - Try to use one or two different fonts. Not more, because that looks cluttered and messy. I should try to use one font for headlines and one for the body text.
    - You have some huge headlines -- huge headlines in html looks very 'rough'. Make it a gif headline (it shouldn't be big in download size) and alias the puppy -> it will look better.
    - The colors are good, but be friendly for white space, because white space is your friend. White space makes is easier to view and is 'clean'. This will give a far more professional look.
    - Why does the main navigation has to go when I go to 'client support'?
    - Rename 'links' to 'sitemap'
    - the text on the homepage is really to small, same goes for your pricelist

Good luck!

ps: cool domainname!

A bit cluttered but the overall layout looks fine.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

Thanks everyone... and also thanks in advance for those who will post their valuable feedbacks.
    Sanjay Sharma

The layout and colors looks nice but as the others mentioned,

i) you should space out and have more white space to balance with the images and bold text which is quite large.

ii) Include some CSS for the links would be nice to have a mouseover effect. Include the below in your page and change whatever color you like for the effect. But this only works in IE and not NS

<HEAD>
    <STYLE TYPE="text/css">
    <!--
    A:link {color:#FFFF00; text-decoration: none }
    A:visited {color:#FFFFFF; text-decoration: none }
    A:active {color:#00FF00; text-decoration: none }
    A:hover {color: #FF0000; text-decoration: none )
    -->
    </STYLE>
    </HEAD>

iii) Yeah, you should use CSS to control your text and not have too many font types.
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

Yeah CSS styles should help here.

Hi,

Im with everybody else so far. Plus..you really need to proof read what you have typed. I looked at the reseller section for instance..and in there I found several gramatical errors...I even questioned myself as to whether your first language is English or not. If it is not English then you have done a really great job (still needs the proof read). No offence but if you are trying to get people to go into business with you..which reselling effectively is..then you need to make sure your house is in order.

I hope that helps.

Good luck with the re-launch

Simon

It's okay, can you make a screenshot of the old design, so that we may compare the two, and judge them accordingly?

Thanks SimonMc,

You are right that my first language is not English but I will take your advise and will arrange someone to proof read the whole website and make necessary changes.

iamdave, thats a good idea. I will upload the old screen shot ASAP.
    Sanjay Sharma