Layeredtech SLA???

OK... i have looked and looked at 99.99999% of the fine print. I searched through their forums. I read each and every post here: http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=539416 and even though it was mentioned there the question remains:

Does Layered Technologies have ANY kind of SLA?

I saw this on their TOS but I just can't believe that it's true from a provider of their size with such a big following.
    Interruption of Service
    Layered Technologies and its suppliers are not liable for any temporary delay, outages or interruptions of the Services. Further, Layered Technologies is not liable for any delay or failure to perform its obligations under this Agreement, where the delay or failure results from any “act of God” or other cause beyond its reasonable control (including any mechanical, electronic, communications or third-party supplier failure).
    I would also be curious if anyone (including their dedicated server resellers) got "credits" from this outage http://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=539416 even though there was no real SLA in place.

Note: Let's not turn this into a Softlayer vs Layeredtech thread please Also, this thread is a fact finding mission in no way meant to degrade this provider.

Thanks!
    Host, YES!
    Reselling? Partner for profit instead!

From my knowledge they do compensate you for downtime, as long as the problem is on thier side, such as network.

They handle it on a per case basis, so if you have downtime that wasn't your fault (Excluding hardware failure if its replaced within 24 hours) you email them and they will look into it.

Reference:
    http://layer0.layeredtech.com/showthread.php?t=1105

Furthermore I have gathered that they do NOT have an SLA, but garuntee 99.9% uptime.

If I am wrong about somethingn please correct me, as I do not have a server with LayeredTech at the moment.

I saw that post but look at the date... June 2005! A lot can happen/change in that time.
    Host, YES!

Have you tried emailing them or calling?

gator73,

I will tomorrow since it's really a sales question and they are probably not working on Sunday.

Besides that, I doubt Layeredtech will divulge many details on that thread since I don't believe they even replied to their own customer's pleas for a post there.

I am hoping that some actual customers and specially resellers will answer on Layeredtech's actions after the outage (outages happen... it's how a company deals with them that really matters to me at least).

Once again.. this is in no way meant to bash this company. I just really want to know
    Host, YES!

You may consider contacting LTADMIN on these forums, he tends to sort things out quite well if there are any communication problems.
    GeeksGather - Undergoing redevelopment. Stand by.

LT sales works 24/7/365. Call or email sales@layeredtech.com and they should get back to you pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by ServeWire
    LT sales works 24/7/365. Call or email sales@layeredtech.com and they should get back to you pretty quick.
    Someone needs to think before typing:

"Sales & Billing Hours of Operation
    Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM CST"

And so the question remains after 12 posts.....

Is there any SLA at Layered Technologies either written, implied or actually excercised at one time or another

LTAdmin is more than welcome to please reply but it doesn't have to go that deep.
    Host, YES!

In regards to your question, people have been in the past credited SLA for downtime on the providers end. I am unaware of the details, so I simply suggest e-mailing sales when they open on the weekdays. Hope that helps!
    Last edited by sirius; 10-16-2006 at 10:16 AM.

LayeredTech did credit people during the last (long) unplanned outage, however they did it as good will gesture if you will.

While I cannot paste the exact email, they did state that they DO NOT have an SLA guarantee.

Did you email sales over the past 26 hours since this topic was started?
    Last edited by sirius; 10-16-2006 at 10:16 AM.

I've had to make use of their SLA. I emailed Todd directly, and was compensated Significantly more than I expected to be.

-Jason
    Have you considered Semi-dedicated Hosting? 4 - 8 accounts per server. Less overhead than VPS, better performance for the price.
    DopeDomains.com - 15,000 New Domains a day. indexed by Pagerank, backlinks, Hits, and Length.