Thread: WHT banners

WHT banners

Is it possible for us to pay a one time fee to WHT so we don't have to have the sponsor stuff in our face? Also another thing I would like to see go away is the redirect after you do anything. I had that. Yes you can click on the text link so you don't have to wait but it's a pain. Thanks in advance.

Yes, your friendly neighborhood Chicken will remove the banners for you for a one time fee of... *checks new Porsche prices* ... $69,000

Actually, I'm not sure how ads would be removed just for you, though I'm sure anything is possible. You'd have to ask Robert about that one.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Well offer a WHT pay section

Originally posted by Chicken
    Actually, I'm not sure how ads would be removed just for you, though I'm sure anything is possible. You'd have to ask Robert about that one.

Make a seperate style/template set without the banner code, and create a new user group, a small hack would allow you to set the style set for a user group Bingo, paid membership....

Easy enough hack...

BTW: Someone needs to tell Robert that he really should upgrade this forum and the RS forum to vB 2.2.6, there was a minor security fix in it..... The exploit isn't really a problem here since the admin area is htaccess'd... But good just incase..

I've been thinking, and it wouldn't even need a seperate template set....

I know it'll never get done... But you could have in the global.php the code for the ads, and have it set to a varible, and then check what user group a user is in, and if its in the paid group set the banner var to ''; and go on....