Question about Godaddy Site Hosting

Hi, everyone, I'm trying to help a friend with a "coming soon" page for an account he bought on Godaddy. From my research, it looks as if it's a "website tonight" account. My question is, does this account type allow ftp upload. I've designed his page, but can't figure out how to get it up there without rebuilding it in the Website Tonight software featured onsite. I've already designed the page once, don't want or need to do it again. From what I read, website tonight allows use of their templates only. Also, his domain files list no content folders. Any input would be appreciated, perhaps I need to advise him to upgrade? By the way, I've tried to ftp into the site using both the godaddy acct info and the website acct info with no luck.

Thanks!
    Trish
    http://www.photosbytrish.com

Humm, well it sounds like their is restrictions on the account. Have you checked the godaddy help section?
    The next thing to do would be to contact godaddy support.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Stange, their faq does say you can use your own HTML. Of course godaddy THRIVES on the upsell factor so they may tell you, you need to upgrade or something. From looking at their faq though on the site it "seems" you should be able to alter, edit with your own html. I think it mentions that you cannot "preview" the site before-hand (thats odd) but only select "publish"

Did you follow these steps:
    To Set Up Your WebSite Tonight Account
    From the Web Sites menu, click WebSite Tonight Accounts.
    Select the check box for the account you want to set up, and then click Setup Account.
    Read through the End User License Agreement, and, if you accept the terms, click Accept.
    The Hosting Manager window opens.
    In the Domain Name field, type your domain name.
    In the Enter New User ID field, type the user name you want to use to log on to the WebSite Tonight account.
    In the Enter New Password and Confirm New Password fields, type the password you want to use to access the account.
    Click Continue.
    Verify your account information, and if it is correct, click Submit.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks so much Martie. Yes, I did check the help files, downloaded the pdf etc. I did the steps you outliined above the other day, that's how I got into the acct at first and discovered there are no content folders, no public_html that you usually see on a regular acct. This is not my account, I was trying to help a friend design a coming soon page, he gave me all his info, and he's not sure what he's got. I'm a reseller with Bluewho, never worked w/ Godaddy's interface before. I just need to be able to ftp the complete page to his site as the .index.htm file for him for now. He's already paid for this hosting service, he just needs some web help. I'm going to sit down and read thru all the Godaddy help files tonight and see what I can work out. I do know that he doesn't want something where it must be designed thru a web based interface and can't be just uploaded via ftp.

Web Site Tonite is Go Daddy's sitebuilder interface, which as you've discovered is pretty limited in what you can create. I think to gain proper FTP access you need to buy one of the shared hosting plans for $3.95 a month. I think you get a free ad-supported hosting account with FTP access with most domain purchases.
    RichM
    Game Server Hosting Guide
    Premier Directory of Game Server Providers

Hi Rich,
    Thats what I initially thought too (they upsell for extra features)
    Keep us posted trishgill