Thumbs up ho<edit>am.com & ************.com

I joined both hosting company for a month (One for Unix, another for NT). Both provide great services and specially their price are cheap.
    Last edited by Chicken; 06-17-2002 at 12:57 AM.

WOW

A post where someone actually wasnt ripping on a hosting company!

Well done Skinnypig!

Aren't they under the same ownership?

Just wondering? Seems they are....

I had an account at ************ and cancelled it after a few days. I am still trying to contact them because they haven't returned my money. I don't really know what's going on with that host. Their control panel is very amateurish in a programming sense. Lots of bugs and stuff and not everything is automated. I don't know if it has improved now but that's the way it was when I left. Now, they don't even have an e-mail address on their web site and I can't seem to get hold of them. I tried the ticket thing (which oddly enough I can still log on to my account) and they replied back telling me to forward it to [email protected] (Of course I know it's Accounts@************.com, with the '4'). I did contact 'Accounts' and they asked for my username. I did gave it and never got anything since then. Now my e-mails don't seem to go through (or ignored or whatever). I really need my money back. They already took my money in the form of a $20.00 setup fee and they dont have to take everything.

Originally posted by whw
    WOW

A post where someone actually wasnt ripping on a hosting company!

Well done Skinnypig!
    Actually, they aren't ripping a host, however they were spamming their URL, which might be why they weren't ripping it. Almost sad, but this is 95% how it works. Human nature, but still...

Spammer spams. Spammer blocked.

*chicken drinks brewski and puts another notch in the desk*
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Smile Email support

This might be a little late, but I want to let any ************ member know that we no longer provde support via email.

Either use our online helpdesk for call our toll free number.

We need to use the helpdesk to distrube all the request among our staffs.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Chicken
    . . . . . . . .

*chicken drinks brewski and puts another notch in the desk*
    You should really invest in one of those aluminum desks. It's harder on the knife, but at least you don't end up sitting on the floor after taking so many notches out of it.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    You should really invest in one of those aluminum desks. It's harder on the knife, but at least you don't end up sitting on the floor after taking so many notches out of it.
    I'll one-up this idea: make yourself a butcher. For every lamer that spams the board, joins under 70 different nicknames, and generally raises hell in the unforgivable manner, carve yourself up a big ol' cow and send me one of the steaks. (Sell the rest for profit of course. )
    Is Canada the best? Noo Doot Aboot It!
    "And on the eighth...day...God...created...Mankind. WHY WAS HE HAVING SUCH A BAD DAY?" -- Mick Foley