Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    to help prevent this, you have have your clients fax in a (Credit Card Authorization Form) for anything over $20.

New client will hate this, but will block out fraud orders

Looks like we got one a week or so ago, for our Australian hosting service. Used a USA address, @gmail.com email, and a who knows where from credit card to pay a year in advance.

Turns out it was a 23 year old kid from Ha dong in Vietnam. We easily found his real name, address, phone, as well as his various email addresses and domains registered to him. Got the little so-and-so's photo too! The idiot put it on our server along with a bunch of scantily clad girlie pics of his friends, an html containing a link to and VBscript code to run love.exe virus from one of his domains. He also left a copy of love.exe on our server.

Not sure if I should just pull the plug on him, report him or send him a friendly postcard!!

Do you reckon we'd get a reward from Visa for dobbing him in?

Report him.

Hello,

did enom catch it? what was the impact on you?
    I was informed by eNom that the orders were all fraud. eNom asked me to refill enough fund into my account so that they could deduct the amount.

Anyway eNom asked me to check with new resellers very carefully in order to minimize fraud orders from resellers.

can automatic calls help for instant activation?

Do you mean like an automated system that calls new sign-ups and give them an auth code or something? The people that sold me my SSL certs do that and it sounds like a good solution if you can get it to work.

I'm still going to manualy vet all my orders though, too much risk not to.

Quote Originally Posted by porche
    can automatic calls help for instant activation?
    In some cases they can. Depeding which fraud protection software you pay for in your billing system certainly will decrease fraudulant orders.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

fraud/

i see, so basically it's fraud metrics + some auto/manual call. or if not international may ask the customers to call in?

Pretty much it. If you start looking around the billing system and the fraud software that is integrated into the system you will pretty much get a better idea of how it works.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12