Server Bridge design. What do you think?

We're a newer hosting company looking for some feedback on our site, how we can improve it visually and with regard to content as well.

URL: http://www.serverbridge.net

All constructive criticism is welcomed! We've already got some minor changes in mind, but we want to know what you think so we can reflect that.
    █► Server Bridge / Solid Shared Hosting [Comes with a domain!]
    █► cPanel
    99% uptime dedicated support instant setup unlimited domain hosting.
    █► Bridging the gap between your dreams and reality.
    █► Questions? Talk to me: sean[at]serverbridge.net

I think your slogan is cheesy.

For a company named 'Server Bridge' you'd expect them to sell a few servers y'know?

The 'login' and 'news' headlines should be aligned left not right.

I'd go for a redesign Sean

For some reason I find our slogan to be better suited towards your business, but obviously we are not going to give that to you. To be perfectly honest your current slogan is terrible and really needs to be revamped.

If you think only minor changes are needed, you are seriously mistaken. I suggest a total redesign and rebrand. Sorry, but I can't say anything positive about it at the moment.

As far as what has been said goes... the slogan may, and probably will be changed as the focus of our business changes, and general trends we see within the business. It would help to get a better idea of how many like the slogan vs. how many don't. That would be great if we could get that from you all.

Selling dedicated servers is not in our business plan at the moment, though it may be, since we do want to expand our business into that market.

Login and News being aligned the way they are. That's a good point, I've never thought about aligning them to the left. We'll get our webmaster to check that out for us and show us how it would look. Thanks for the suggestion!

The comments so far are noted and duely recognized. What would you say needs to be changed? What is lacking? As said before, we would wish to reflect what people want.
    Last edited by Sean K; 10-15-2006 at 07:26 PM.
    █► Server Bridge / Solid Shared Hosting [Comes with a domain!]
    █► cPanel
    99% uptime dedicated support instant setup unlimited domain hosting.
    █► Bridging the gap between your dreams and reality.
    █► Questions? Talk to me: sean[at]serverbridge.net

the site looks easy to navigate. I would add a couple of pictures. make your logo a bit trendy. (I have to do that too )
    One recommendation.... up your disk space a bit.
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

I would not mention that you are a new company. Being new is not a plus, so I wouldn't even bring it up.

Need some work done with design, but as its new company - Start is good!

put a very light grey background on the content area and see how it looks.

Make your site name and tagline fill the entire blue logo space.

new slogan - "Connecting you with the world"

Work on the logo and the layout. I respect that you appear to be going with a simplistic style - avoiding the tradional template layout that 98% of all host fall into. So I give you credit there. I would work a bit more on it - tighten it up on style and really make it stand out.

For your first design - I would say - not bad. Your heading in the right direction.

Stay away from templates.

You need to go through your entire site and read it from the perspective of a customer / potential customer. There are lots of points where your text needs cleaning up.

In addition to the comments on the airy-fairy slogan (when I first saw your post a day or so ago it turned me off so much I didn't feel like commenting):

"Unfortunately, as it stands, we cannot extend our domain services as standalone services yet."

Why not instead point people to information and service providers that can help them get a domain.

"09.30.2006 As a company just starting out, take advantage of our pricing and our services! "

Which reads as if you've been in business for all of 20 days.

What's the point of having a "Knowledge Base" page that is totally empty? Get rid of it until you have content.

You might consider a larger font. Not all prospects still have 20/20 vision.

In summary, for anyone that has been a consumer of web hosting services, they'll likely recognize your site and operation as being brand new, and walk on. If you intend to attract experienced consumers, then you'd better think about what their needs are (one of them typically is an experienced provider!) and find a way to appeal to them.

If you are trying to appeal to new web hosting consumers, then you need to make it easy for them to buy your services, which includes leading them by the nose through everything, including acquiring a domain. Your site does not lead them... it doesn't even tell them what they can do with a hosting plan. Can they run a blog? Which ones? What software comes with the plans? Dont assume that people know what 'CPanel' is or will find the link to the demo, click through and look. That's asking far too much.

Lastly, your landing page is a list of plans. In addition to any of the forgoing, are not 10,000 other hosting companies also doing pretty much the same thing, although frequently with much more splash?

I'm not suggesting that you simply duplicate the splash to dress up the display of plans; I am suggesting that you (and a zillion hosts out there) need to think about how do you really look different.

If some differentiation isn't visible on the home page of a site, a high percentage of visitors are *not* going to drill down to faq or plan detail or about us pages to try to hunt for the needle in the haystack to find out what is really different.
    Last edited by mwatkins; 10-20-2006 at 05:16 PM.
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”

Well, as your site has gone live, I would suggest making your changes asap.

jerett new slogan - "Connecting you with the world"

Work on the logo and the layout. I respect that you appear to be going with a simplistic style - avoiding the tradional template layout that 98% of all host fall into. So I give you credit there. I would work a bit more on it - tighten it up on style and really make it stand out.
    This is much more realistic. Otherwise, people may pass you by assuming you are associated with servers...not hosting.

Elaborate on your title and fix your metatags.

Clean up your images used for headings (login, latest news, featured packages, shared hosting, domains, extras and contact). I assume that they are supposed to be transparent. They aren't!!

I would change some of the wording. On the order page:
    1. "So you’ve decided to order from us!" I would try and reword this
    2. "There are just a few things that we need to get across to you before you place your order" You aren't talking to a child, reword so that you are writing on a friendly note, not a harsh one.
    3. Words like bought and ordered can be substituted with purchased, entrusted...
    On the about us page:
    1. Images again
    2. "without forcing the customer to pay in limbs." I would definately take a close look at all the text. If you are focusing on the younger market, then keep it as is. But for us "old farts", the way you present yourself is the way you also do business, either professionally or half-assed.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but it usually gets the blood boiling enough to say "I'll show you..."
    Country-Tyme Web Hosting - Reliable shared and reseller hosting
    *Affordable hosting solutions with cPanel / WHM / RVskins
    *30 Day money back guarantee

Did you make the template yourself because I think I saw it somewhere.