chica go go

Cool Detroit Tigers - American League Champions

The detroit tigers won the ALCS this evening, completing the sweep of the Oakland A's. They will now to onto the world series, to face either the New York Mets, or the St. Louis Cardinals.

Tonight's game was pretty intense. The A's started the game with 2 runs, the Tigers evened it up later in the 4th & 5th innings. Then, in the bottom of the 9th inning, Magglio Ordonez nailed a home run to bring in 3 runs, and win the game.

For those of you unfamiliar with the tigers, we have not made it to the playoffs since 1984, the last year we won the world series.

Go Tigers! That was a great game and a great series.

An amazing way to win it, too...

Still should have been David Ortiz smacking that one for the Red Sox, though. Gaah. What bad luck.

Brighton, MI
    my girlfriend is so happy. she is a MASSIVE tigers fan. puts her in a good which makes me happy too haha

Zeeland, MI
    she is a MASSIVE tigers fan
    That is a very brave thing to say about a woman, her being massive and making it with capital letters.

Leaving joke asside, Tigers rule for the moment and I hope they will keep on going. Mets are not unbeatable so, if they qualify, they can lose with the Tigers too.

Anyway, GO TIGERS!